Skip to main content

A Disney Magic Birthday




Disneyland for my actual birthday is a bit of a dream come true! Ashley Garrett and I were supposed to be going (and Nathan was terribly jealous) but Ashley had to cancel last minute. She graciously helped pay to have my mom come in her place. That led to some crazy flying fiascoes that she also helped us sort out. (Like somehow my mom managed to board the flight with me, when it sounds like that wasn't supposed to be her flight!)


The park was a lot busier than we expected! The only not busy day was Wednesday, which was also my birthday and made the day perfect! I was able to go to Mickey's House and wait only 15 minutes to meet him. It had been a long time sine I went to his house, 2006 to be exact when I was there with my best friend Alisa! Although I know it's a person in a costume, for some reason I got really emotional and I was super excited to meet Mickey Mouse on my birthday. I'm adorable, I know. Luckily I didn't actually cry... just got close. hahaha

Oh Mickey, You're so Fine!

I enjoyed seeing so many Christmas decorations, although they magically were disappearing a little each night. It’s the closest I’ve come to actually seeing it decorated for Christmas.


We ate at a new restaurant - River Belle Terrace and had ribs, mashed potatoes, and baked beans. SO amazingly delicious, I think we may have to come every time. Especially since they're more affordable and it’s easy to feed me without eggs. We also ate at my other favorites, Uva bar and Blue Bayou! Blue Bayou outdid themselves. I thought for sure I wouldn't get a free birthday dessert because of my allergies but they brought out dairy-free, egg-free sorbet so my mom and I could share and it even had a candle! So sweet.


River Belle Terrace Ribs Mmmmm

I also got to mee Redd the new pirate!!! EEE! We both talked in Irish accents. They've changed the auction for the ride and now she oversees the selling of the loot (not wenches). I'm a fan of the change and I like how they've changed the red "wench" into a Redd pirate!!! Also.... I'm a big fan of the new pirate merchandise in her honor! I may have come away with a red, mini, pirate backpack and matching wallet..... I LOVE THEM. I may or may not have then ordered a Belle backpack and wallet online on Amazon too. hahahaha




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rushing!

Sorority Life . Not what I thought, at least for Lamba Delta Sigma . To begin with, I didn't know what a sorority was until the day I joined. I thought it was full of prissy girls who go shopping, gossip, and wear pink all the time (kind of a Legally Blonde persona, see picture). But my friend Nadia didn't want to join alone so she dragged me along and convinced me to do it too. By the time I left the first day, I could see my presumptions were wrong. It wasn't full of silly blondes in pink skirts and high heels at all, instead they were all young women like me. This was great news because now I can tell blonde jokes without having to explain them fifty times! Since I'm not taking classes this fall I decided I needed a change in things to make sure I keep active, especially after not doing too much this summer when it came to friends. Not that it was that bad being a homebody. Watching my sisters turn their pretty faces into gruesome troll expressions is quite ...

Believe that the Earth turns Slowly

[Photo taken by me at Aphosian Gardens 2008] Life is moving really fast for me now. I can't believe how many things will happen within the next two weeks, most of which I'm not entirely prepared for. First of all, my  birthday in a couple days. I'm young yet, early twenties but am I the only one who finds it weird when they become a year older? I don't feel much different than I did last year, and with everything going on it doesn't feel like my birthday. Normally I start counting down at the beginning of December because I just add 2 weeks onto the countdown to Christmas. This year, at the beginning of the week I had to count to make sure my birthday was actually this weekend. I'm just too preoccupied to think about it much. I also have school starting next Monday, and I'm going part time, but I'm working part time at crazy hours running back and forth from school and work, and my best friend gets married right after it starts. At least her wedding isn...

Bibliophile - Book Lover - That's me!

I absolutely love to read. My whole family is a bunch of readers and every one of us has our own collection of books. (Mine covers my ledge stretching along my 9 foot wall... and I ran out of room for them.) When I was younger (maybe 10) I found out my Grandma Walker kept track of every book she read in a journal and wrote it down, so I began my own book journal. So since 1997-ish I've written down each book's title, author, summary, date finished, how much I like it, and number of pages. I like to keep track of how many pages I've read in a year and the most I've ever gotten was just over 11,000 pages. This year I'm up to about 7,000 which is normal for me at this point. Seeing how I'm obsessed with books I thought I'd mention some of my favorites and favorite authors if you're ever looking for something to read since I have a few people who ask me for reading suggestions as it is. My new found favorite author is Brandon Sanderson. If you haven't he...