Seeing how I'm obsessed with books I thought I'd mention some of my favorites and favorite authors if you're ever looking for something to read since I have a few people who ask me for reading suggestions as it is.
My new found favorite author is Brandon Sanderson. If you haven't heard of him, or read any of his work then I call you to repentance and to get thee to a library!! I really am not a voracious reader of science fiction, but I cannot get enough of his books. They are so well written, that when I finish one I analyze it over and over on how he managed to pull it off. The characters are believable, lovable, despisable, and down right realistic in their fantastic worlds that are so convincing and unlike our own world, it's just uncanny. And he definitely is one to build suspense and takes twists and turns that no one can expect that leave you hanging onto every last word. Right when I thought everyone was going to die the story would take an unexpected turn, and leave me speechless. My favorite of his right now is Warbreaker, but I highly recommend all of his adult novels. Elantris, The Mistborn Trilogy, and Warbreaker. And if you don't believe me about him to go http://www.brandonsanderson.com/ and you can read the entire novel of Warbreaker for free, available for download, and you can check it out and see for yourself.
Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind by Heidi Ashworth. This is for you Pride and Prejudice lovers. It is a historical romance set in the time of Jane Austen. While it doesn't contain the precise graces Austen provides, it is definitely a captivating romance that certainly pleased me and leaves me waiting for the sequel. I thought the girl's spunk and tenacity and the man's attempt at staying above the matchmaking schemes of his aunt were quite entertaining. Anyone who enjoys a good romance will be more than satisfied with this book.

The Princess Bride by William Goldman. I love pirates and this book I definitely include in my favorite stash of pirate books. Not only am I fan of the movie, but after reading this book I am a fan of it as well. It starts slow but you end up going through fantastic adventures and meeting the strangest villians and cohorting with pirates, or the Dred Pirate Roberts to be exact. I love the depth this book takes you into the characters which helps me relate and empathize more strongly with them and love them more. His already loveable characters from the movie pop out with more magic in the book while still retaining the charms of both worlds. While some people do not like the ending with the post script of Buttercup's Baby, I promise that if you like the movie you will still adore the book.
Now these are just three books that I happen to love and enjoy but if you are looking for more consider Rafael Sabatini (historic adventure), Jane Austen, Susan May Warren (Christian romance), Stephenie Meyer's the Host, Arthur Conan Doyle or Agatha Christie. Happy Reading!
Hey Princess! I am a huge Arthur Conan Doyle fan - I have devoured over and over practically every Sherlock Holmes story there has ever been! I have always been big on Sci - Fi, especially Issac Asimov, and JRR Tolkein was an annual read for many years!
ReplyDeleteGood to see you here! Seems I've got lots more reading to do... of yours!
Asimov, RA Heinlein, AC Clark, Bradbury, HG Wells, Victor Hugo, Mary Shelley, Bram Stoker, John Norman, are a few of my SYFY favorites.
ReplyDeleteHeinlein's Stranger In A Strange Land is my all time favorite...
Thank you for the info.
KW