
[Photo taken by me at Aphosian Gardens 2008]
Life is moving really fast for me now. I can't believe how many things will happen within the next two weeks, most of which I'm not entirely prepared for. First of all, my birthday in a couple days. I'm young yet, early twenties but am I the only one who finds it weird when they become a year older? I don't feel much different than I did last year, and with everything going on it doesn't feel like my birthday. Normally I start counting down at the beginning of December because I just add 2 weeks onto the countdown to Christmas. This year, at the beginning of the week I had to count to make sure my birthday was actually this weekend. I'm just too preoccupied to think about it much.
I also have school starting next Monday, and I'm going part time, but I'm working part time at crazy hours running back and forth from school and work, and my best friend gets married right after it starts. At least her wedding isn't on my birthday, I'm already passing it by mentally as it is. And I'm really looking forward to school but I don't feel like it's actually starting. I still haven't visited campus to find my classes or picked up my school id or anything. What's more amazing is I'm not even nervous. It's like the first day will be any other day. Normally I really stress out beginning school, especially because I'm transferring from a small community college to a large university campus that gets me lost in seconds. Yet, I'm completely calm about it. I do have to say I'm super duper excited to join their A Capella choir!
As for the friend's wedding I'm not ready for that either. I'm more mentally prepared than I used to be. For a while I felt really abandoned because the fiancée was taking over and taking up every second of her time. But he's my friend too, I've known him since High School. (In fact both me and my friend were set up on blind dates with him, but he went on a date with me first. hahaha) So I'm glad that I don't have to feel like a complete stranger is stealing my friend and I totally approve of the match. The real reason I'm not ready though is that amazing blue satin dress I'm sewing that I posted about last time is still sitting in two pieces unfinished. I bet you're asking why I'm not working on it right now instead of typing this. Well, I have to do some tailoring I can't do by myself and my mother is currently going to bed. It's really getting close to being done though. Let's hope I finish it before school! It's sooooo gorgeous though. I'm excited! I love love love the blue.
Anyway, as a note for New Year's Resolutions, I don't plan on any huge goals, but I hope this year is better than last year. Maybe dish in some romance, get closer to my degree, get school paid for, and lose the fluffy (this is a code term I alone understand ;] ). That sounds like fun. Oh! And read more classic literature and work on drawing more pictures with charcoal. Okay, good goals. I've written them down and now hopefully they'll come true! Wish on Evangeline for me!

Brilliant Nat. You're lucky that you are friends with Cameron. I didn't know Jared all that much, so he stole Laurie completely away. :) I feel your pain! I'm just waiting for the day when I can have my own ever after so that it's easier to do things with Laurie and Jared. :) As for the dress, I'm excited to see you in it. What is your major? I'm assuming you are going to attend the U? :)
ReplyDeleteI'm majoring in History with a minor in British Studies, and I'm considering a minor in music. That way I can give really good violin lessons and charge more. hahaha. And I am attending the U. I started today and all I can say is my legs are extremely sore from running around campus. Time for a nap!
ReplyDeleteI remember being this young once! I love your title! Remember, the world truly does move slowly!
ReplyDeleteAs to happily ever after... for a species that is "eternal", maybe happiness is not so much a thing to come, as a state of mind we should learn to be in! Easy to say! Very hard to do!
I'm glad you are blogging. After today's chats, I feel inspired to try again!
Yes... I do remember the days when I was your age now! It wasn't very much longer when Laurel came into my life at this point!
I remember being this young!
ReplyDeleteYes... the world does turn slowly, while we dance so quickly to the tune of our own versions of "reality!"
Well written! I probably don't feel much older than you do right now! Weird, huh!
I'm gonna post on my site a writing this reminds me of since you have made a goal to come here at least once or twice a month!
The world indeed turns slowly!