<3 Happy Valentines Day everybody!! <3
I have always liked Valentines Day, especially as a little kid. I loved decorating a shoe box to put on my desk so that kids could come by and drop a valentine in it. If you really want to hear something crazy.... I still have my favorite box I decorated..... and its full of valentines clear back from around 1st grade. Yup. I'm a bit of a pack rat. But do you know how fun that is to go through? I love pulling them out and seeing the names and thinking, "Holy cow! I haven't seen these people in ages! We used to play Chinese Jump Rope in the playground!" Thankfully my organized side of my self went through those in like 5th and 6th grade and marked most of them to show what year I got them. Speaking of Valentines I just remembered I have a heart shaped sucker in my purse... be right back.... mmmm sugar. :)
Also, I think Valentines Day is a great time to show people how much they mean to me and tell them I love them. Here are a few people who mean a lot to me (but there are many more! I just can't mention them all!). My Grandma Walker was probably my biggest influence while I was growing up helping me become who I am today. She was always serving her family and half the time we had to forcer her to stay sitting in her chair so we could serve her. When I become an old grandma I hope and pray I'll be as cool and influential as she was. Along with my Grandma I have many other family members who have all set examples for me and have supported and loved me. Many family members at that.That's what happens when you around 40 aunts and uncles and have over 80 first cousins!! Just more family to love! ;)
Two of my friends from High School really helped make a difference in my life. My friend Denise helped me gain confidence in myself and really supported me in becoming stronger in the gospel during my sophomore year. I can honestly say I have no idea what kind of person I'd be like without her. My friend Alisa helped stabilize me through the end of High School and on through college. I wanted to be like her in so many ways and envied her many talents and beautiful looks. Without two of these amazing people in my life, I would have had a dreary and extremely harder high school and college career. While these two friends are on the top of my list, many others also have made an impact in my life (like my good friend Becca!!) who have also helped shaped the course of my life. I love all of you!
As a random side note I was pretty excited to get asked out on a date for the weekend! It was a guy I know from school and we went and saw Spamalot from Broadway (it's currently touring the country). So the show was a bit more scandalous than I would have expected, but it was still funny and it had great music so overall the date was a lot of fun. :) My last side note is I love the song L-O-V-E that was originally sung by Nat King Cole. It makes me think of the movie the Parent Trap with Dennis Quaid. *sigh* I need to go home and pop some popcorn and watch it.
I have always liked Valentines Day, especially as a little kid. I loved decorating a shoe box to put on my desk so that kids could come by and drop a valentine in it. If you really want to hear something crazy.... I still have my favorite box I decorated..... and its full of valentines clear back from around 1st grade. Yup. I'm a bit of a pack rat. But do you know how fun that is to go through? I love pulling them out and seeing the names and thinking, "Holy cow! I haven't seen these people in ages! We used to play Chinese Jump Rope in the playground!" Thankfully my organized side of my self went through those in like 5th and 6th grade and marked most of them to show what year I got them. Speaking of Valentines I just remembered I have a heart shaped sucker in my purse... be right back.... mmmm sugar. :)
Also, I think Valentines Day is a great time to show people how much they mean to me and tell them I love them. Here are a few people who mean a lot to me (but there are many more! I just can't mention them all!). My Grandma Walker was probably my biggest influence while I was growing up helping me become who I am today. She was always serving her family and half the time we had to forcer her to stay sitting in her chair so we could serve her. When I become an old grandma I hope and pray I'll be as cool and influential as she was. Along with my Grandma I have many other family members who have all set examples for me and have supported and loved me. Many family members at that.That's what happens when you around 40 aunts and uncles and have over 80 first cousins!! Just more family to love! ;)
Two of my friends from High School really helped make a difference in my life. My friend Denise helped me gain confidence in myself and really supported me in becoming stronger in the gospel during my sophomore year. I can honestly say I have no idea what kind of person I'd be like without her. My friend Alisa helped stabilize me through the end of High School and on through college. I wanted to be like her in so many ways and envied her many talents and beautiful looks. Without two of these amazing people in my life, I would have had a dreary and extremely harder high school and college career. While these two friends are on the top of my list, many others also have made an impact in my life (like my good friend Becca!!) who have also helped shaped the course of my life. I love all of you!
As a random side note I was pretty excited to get asked out on a date for the weekend! It was a guy I know from school and we went and saw Spamalot from Broadway (it's currently touring the country). So the show was a bit more scandalous than I would have expected, but it was still funny and it had great music so overall the date was a lot of fun. :) My last side note is I love the song L-O-V-E that was originally sung by Nat King Cole. It makes me think of the movie the Parent Trap with Dennis Quaid. *sigh* I need to go home and pop some popcorn and watch it.
L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore and
Love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it
Take my heart and please don't break it
Love was made for me and you
<3 ~ <3 ~ <3
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore and
Love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it
Take my heart and please don't break it
Love was made for me and you
<3 ~ <3 ~ <3
Comments
Post a Comment