This may not be the actual season of Christ's birth or his death, but I think it is important for us to have a specific time of year to remember him. What would the beginning of winter be like without the reminder of the hope of Christ's birth to get us through the cold months ahead? Too quote the Muppet Christmas Carol, "Haven't you noticed that everything seems more wonderful at Christmas?" I am so grateful for the Christmas music and the movies that remind me that one day there will be Peace on Earth, with love and goodwill to all our brothers and sisters. Being the natural bawl-baby that I am, I frequently find my face wet with tears when I hear a song full of hope. In Andre Bocelli and Katherine Jenkins song I Believe they sing:
Stand up and feel
The Holy Spirit
Find the power of your faith.
Open your heart
To those who need you
In the name of love and devotion.
Yes, I believe.
I believe in the people
Of all nations
To join and to care
For love.
I believe in a world
Where light will guide us
And giving our love
We'll make heaven on earth.
I believe in those words that it will happen one day. I hope you believe in the power of music to uplift you, both at Christmas time and throughout the year. And they don't have to be Christmas songs to be hopeful. For now I just want to say how grateful I am for being able to see my family at this time of year, and their willingness to eat the baked goods I practice on them. :0) Of course, my buttered rolls are pretty fabulous if I say so myself.... I just can't stop eating them!
![]() |
| My Grandpa holding a rabbit we caught in his backyard Christmas Day. |
Also I'm grateful for having a grandparent I can still visit on the holidays. Yesterday I made a special effort to make sure I gave him a hug and told him I loved him. I realized recently that he's getting to the age of my other grandparents when they died. Not that I think he'll kick the bucket anytime soon, but you never really know how long they'll be here, and I'll feel better knowing that I gave my grandpa hugs and told him I love him just like a good granddaughter should. He's says I'm his favorite granddaughter after all, but I can't tell my other cousins or they'll get jealous! But then I heard him say the same thing to another one of my cousins.... I think there's something fishy here. ;0)
Coloring books and crayons are also a must have at this time of season. Already I've colored 4 masterpiece pages this week. And if you don't believe me when I say masterpieces, just you wait. They're awesome! And I got a coloring book for Christmas!! Yaya! I'm so grateful for the art talent I have. It's so meditative and good for me. When you're done with a picture you've spent hours over that you're finally satisfied with is such a fulfilling feeling!
![]() |
| Coloring page of Princess Tiana done completely in crayon while I was at work. |
I'm thankful for love at this time of season, the love for my family and friends and the feeling I get from all of you as you show that you care. Even if it's a smaller gesture such as just giving me a hug! Those are the best! And for those friends who help me get through school, that is hugely appreciated, whether it's helping me take a break, or helping me stay focused on getting my work done! [Thankfully I passed my Victorian Lit. class with an A minus. :) ] Hugs to all of you out there!!!
Natalie


YOU GUYS CAUGHT A RABBIT ON CHRISTMAS?! Luckyyyy.
ReplyDelete