You made me take down my wall. My wall which kept you and everyone else at a safe distance for so long. But you found a way to squeeze through the cracks, to come as a friend. But still, I understood I needed this wall to keep myself from getting too involved because I didn't want to feel hurt everytime you disappeared for five months. I realized the danger when I started to see you more and talked to you most everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. I began to wonder if my wall would hold, and whether or not I should reinforce it. Too often I've been confused by what you say and then found numbing disappointment when no actions confirmed it, so I kept the wall there. You're acting now, not pretending, but doing. Actively seeking my attention to spend time with me or talk to me. Slowly I took down a brick or too from my wall to get a better look at you, and likewise you got a better look at me. I talked to those who were closest to me, not confiding all my worst fears or honestly confessing because I was too afriad to hear it from my own lips. I'm too afriad to admit it outloud only to find myself disappointed once again. But then she asked me the question that I have been asking myself for a long time, and I answered it honestly. That's when the feeling came. The answer that it would be alright, and that this was right thing for me at this time. That's when my wall practically disappeared. I constantly still ask if this is right to leave myself so vulnerable, and so far the feeling hasn't disappeared. I'm scared, but feel so sure about this that I don't know what do with myself. I wait to see if you feel the same way as me. There's only a foot of the wall left, waiting for you to jump over it and find me waiting on the other side. Are you goint to jump?
Life is like river rafting going over the rapids. The water is in my face so I can't see, but I can hear my river guide telling me to hold on, and he'll get me through it.
Life is like river rafting going over the rapids. The water is in my face so I can't see, but I can hear my river guide telling me to hold on, and he'll get me through it.

This is super deep. Wowzers. I dig it. Sometimes you have to find a happy medium, I think. You put up a wall and I don't. So I have the opposite problem. My wall is a chain link fence. Not strong at all, so I get hurt too many times to count. Then again, you with your wall, you hurt yourself too many times to count. It'll be good for you to take those bricks down. :) That's a super cool picture.
ReplyDelete