Halloween -
We held a very small party at our house the day before with everyone wearing masks and eating pizza and soda. I bought a couch for our family room and it couldn't be delievered in time so I convinced Nathan to call his dad and pick it up the afternoon of the party. We barely got it set up in time for the movie night! Nathan and I had couple's costumes for the first time. We had discussed it months earlier and I had randomly suggested Merlin and Madam Mim and before I knew it he'd texted me to say his costume was ready. So I figured that meant we were going for it! We decided that I get to pick next year's outfits and I already know what we're doing! (Of course I won't say what, yet.) We watched the movie Clue while we ate our pizza. A lot in the group either hadn't seen it or hadn't seen it in years. I had 2 friends Andrea and Kristi, and Ashley Garrett who came. Nathan had 3 friends who came I thought our costumes were freaking adorable. And I absolutely love my lavender colored wig. I need to find more reasons to wear it. Or just pick random days to show up with purple hair for dates. I could enjoy that!
Day of Halloween we went to my mom's house and had fresh doughnuts. Dad also bought everyone an Easter Basket to follow true Rausch tradition by buying candy from the wrong season. hahaha. It was actually kind of fun with just us adults although we missed Lizzie and her family. We played Apples to Apples and played the WHOLE BOX worth of green cards! We've never played the whole box before. And Christian won with something like 40+ cards. hahahaha.
The week after Thanksgiving we had a second Halloween party at my mom's house when Lizzie could join us and had doughnuts again! So many doughnuts.... I was so happy. Aubrey was an adorable Queen Elsa and Jack was Jack-Jack from the Incredibles! I may or may not have splurged on his birthday present early October and bought him the Disney shirt so this could happen. And he looks just like the Jack-Jack in the movie! Lizzie put his hair up in a kind of Mohawk that was so stinking cute.
Comments
Post a Comment