We're buying a house!!! I have the most blessed fiance who had the foresight (along with his parents) to start a savings fund years ago for a down payment on a house one day. If we didn't have that, I don't think we'd be buying a house. We'd be looking for the biggest cardboard box money can buy instead.
With COVID-19 I find myself in an unexpected financial situation. I've always made enough money to get by, but I've now been on a semi-furlough status for 3 months with no end in sight. I'm working part-time as-needed hours for minimum wage. Soooo enough that I barely get by with no major financial commitments. Enter the house. Now we have a major financial commitment and I think Nathan and I are both a bit stressed. Everything is relying on his solid employment (so far unaffected by COVID other than working from home - PHEW!) Can I just say, that I was very blessed to be able to pay off most of my debts in January (car and school) and then finished off paying my credit card just this month in July? Because, I feel like I was very blessed to put myself in a financial situation with no debts and money in savings to live off of before my hours and wages were drastically cut.
Right now we're under contract for a house in Magna, and if all goes well - we'll be signing in less than a month! It's super adorable and has so many of our Wants list that I really hope this pans out well! It has a 2 car garage, all laminate flooring, AC, and 2 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms. Cross your fingers for us.

Comments
Post a Comment