 |
| Ceiling in Hampton Court Palace |
I could write for days about my trip in Europe. It was a dream. I was so excited to visit in more depth some of the places I saw 5 years ago. For this trip I traveled with my sister Becki and my friend Ashley. Below I've made a brief bullet point list regarding some of the most memorable moments or highlights of each location. My plan was originally to define each point in more detail, so maybe that will happen some day still. I did keep a journal while I was there, so I have lots of memories I can revisit!
Paris, France
 |
| Eiffel Tower 2018 |
- Travel Strike the day we landed - airport was practically deserted.
- Pushed most of the plans to 2nd Day due to no transportation options.
- Thank goodness for Uber!
- LOVED seeing the Palace of Versailles most. Also the surrounding streets.
- Second is Notre Dame.
- Wished we could have seen the countryside
- Hate taking the train - can't figure out what direction to go in! Luckily the locals we met were nice, even if they didn't speak English.
- Ordering egg-free food was more difficult and had to eat carefully.
Dublin, Ireland
- Way too short of a time
- Loved it more than expected
- Not a fan of being in the middle of Temple Bar - too noisy at night.
- Loved the scenery on our tour to the Wicklow Mountains and Kilkenny Castle.
- GREAT food at our pub (other pubs did not compare! We mostly ate at ours.)
- Loved the live music at our pub!
- Loved seeing Trinity College library and the Book of Kells.
 |
| Trinity College |
London, Bath, & York, England
 |
| York Minster |
- Museums are my favorite
- Love how easy it is to take the train
- Love how easy it is to order food without eggs
- Hated accidentally eating eggs
- Rained for a solid week - felt proper British being soaking wet.
- Couldn't see the Big Ben clock tower because of construction scaffolding.
- Ashley was in tears on the London Eye because of a fear of heights.
- Bath was so lovely to stay in and the city is so picturesque and charming.
- York was magical and we had too little time there. It also had my top favorite hotel with a deep footed bathtub - HEAVEN.
Edinburgh, Highlands, & Loch Lomond Scotland
- Had the most beautiful countryside we saw anywhere.
- COLD!!
- Loved the history tour we went on in Edinburgh.
- Stirling Castle is my favorite like a fairytale castle.
- Enjoyed our trip to the highlands and being driven around the countryside.
- Isle of Skye was magically cool - also still had vegan options which amazed me.
- Did not like trying to drive around - I got crazy anxiety just being the passenger.
- Loved staying at a B&B on the banks of Loch Lomond!! Hands down best B&B we stayed in with the best breakfast and best views.
 |
| Eilean Donan Castle |
Comments
Post a Comment