Skip to main content

Nerd Alert

I haven't been up to too much, but I have been able to have a little bit of fun while school is going. Above you can see my sister Lizzie and I goofing off at Desert Star Theater. Also... I may have turned my self and a few others into dwarves in order to watch the Hobbit.








 I thought I did a decent job trying to look like Killi.You can be the judge.
Ginger, Potterdwarf, Killi-Wannabe

I may have also stumbled across a few Ogres and I had to distract them long enough for the sun to come up and turn them to stone in order for me to escape!
Or they may have been visiting for Comic Con.
I also got to watch some big hot air balloons float into the sky. The boyfriend took me. He also took me on my first ski-lift ride in the moonlight. He's pretty much awesome. He's an absolute keeper because he took me to glow-in-the-dark pirate mini-golf. :)

Meanwhile I'm doing pretty well with school. I'm really enjoying my class on illuminated manuscripts (basically old manuscript bibles and such) and it makes it a lot easier to study than my boring classes I've had before.

Last of all I'm super excited for Halloween!! Matthew and I are going to be Luke and Leia which was inspired by my dog who looks like Chewbaca. We've managed to find my costume a lot easier than Matthew's but it's coming. At least I'll have an outfit ready for my orchestra's Star Wars concert in November! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rushing!

Sorority Life . Not what I thought, at least for Lamba Delta Sigma . To begin with, I didn't know what a sorority was until the day I joined. I thought it was full of prissy girls who go shopping, gossip, and wear pink all the time (kind of a Legally Blonde persona, see picture). But my friend Nadia didn't want to join alone so she dragged me along and convinced me to do it too. By the time I left the first day, I could see my presumptions were wrong. It wasn't full of silly blondes in pink skirts and high heels at all, instead they were all young women like me. This was great news because now I can tell blonde jokes without having to explain them fifty times! Since I'm not taking classes this fall I decided I needed a change in things to make sure I keep active, especially after not doing too much this summer when it came to friends. Not that it was that bad being a homebody. Watching my sisters turn their pretty faces into gruesome troll expressions is quite ...

Believe that the Earth turns Slowly

[Photo taken by me at Aphosian Gardens 2008] Life is moving really fast for me now. I can't believe how many things will happen within the next two weeks, most of which I'm not entirely prepared for. First of all, my  birthday in a couple days. I'm young yet, early twenties but am I the only one who finds it weird when they become a year older? I don't feel much different than I did last year, and with everything going on it doesn't feel like my birthday. Normally I start counting down at the beginning of December because I just add 2 weeks onto the countdown to Christmas. This year, at the beginning of the week I had to count to make sure my birthday was actually this weekend. I'm just too preoccupied to think about it much. I also have school starting next Monday, and I'm going part time, but I'm working part time at crazy hours running back and forth from school and work, and my best friend gets married right after it starts. At least her wedding isn...

Bibliophile - Book Lover - That's me!

I absolutely love to read. My whole family is a bunch of readers and every one of us has our own collection of books. (Mine covers my ledge stretching along my 9 foot wall... and I ran out of room for them.) When I was younger (maybe 10) I found out my Grandma Walker kept track of every book she read in a journal and wrote it down, so I began my own book journal. So since 1997-ish I've written down each book's title, author, summary, date finished, how much I like it, and number of pages. I like to keep track of how many pages I've read in a year and the most I've ever gotten was just over 11,000 pages. This year I'm up to about 7,000 which is normal for me at this point. Seeing how I'm obsessed with books I thought I'd mention some of my favorites and favorite authors if you're ever looking for something to read since I have a few people who ask me for reading suggestions as it is. My new found favorite author is Brandon Sanderson. If you haven't he...