School is starting today. Rather than actually delve in I am almost sadly reflecting on how much I wish I had my time to my self still. I really took advantage of the holiday break and tried to do everything I wanted. From the beginning of the year January 1st to today January 22 I have read 9 books. That's about two books a day and I even took off a few! I was so sad by the number of books I read last year that I thought I should get a head start for this year by cramming in anything I could before school started. So that's roughly 2,800 pages I've already got covered this year!!
I also took advantage of my student pass and went to the Opera on Monday night. It was the Pearl Fishers by Bizet. There were only four main characters and then the chorus and I was entranced by the one woman in the show and how piercingly clear her voice was. It was breathtakingly beautiful to hear her sing. This wasn't my first opera, and this was by far my favorite female performance. I really wish I had time to go again!
I also took some time to visit Desert Star theaters and laughed heartily at their current Pirate show. Considering we went shortly after my birthday I thought it was extremely appropriate even. I was completely dismayed when we were leaving and I noticed a patron who wore a pirate shirt to the show. I turned to Lizzie and asked her, "Why didn't we dress up or at least wear a pirate shirt to the show?! That would have been awesome!" Heaven knows I have enough to have outfitted myself, my sister, and my mother in pirate gear for the play! And they used my favorite joke again.
Jack Sprat speaking to Will Dolittle, "I knew your father Will, he was a good man. We called him One-Eyed Bill."
Will asked, "Did he wear an eye-patch?"
Jack replied, "No, he spelled Bill with one I."
So here's to pirates, good opera singers, books, and even the occasional date I've managed to go on. Hopefully the fun will last as I go through another semester!
I also took advantage of my student pass and went to the Opera on Monday night. It was the Pearl Fishers by Bizet. There were only four main characters and then the chorus and I was entranced by the one woman in the show and how piercingly clear her voice was. It was breathtakingly beautiful to hear her sing. This wasn't my first opera, and this was by far my favorite female performance. I really wish I had time to go again!
I also took some time to visit Desert Star theaters and laughed heartily at their current Pirate show. Considering we went shortly after my birthday I thought it was extremely appropriate even. I was completely dismayed when we were leaving and I noticed a patron who wore a pirate shirt to the show. I turned to Lizzie and asked her, "Why didn't we dress up or at least wear a pirate shirt to the show?! That would have been awesome!" Heaven knows I have enough to have outfitted myself, my sister, and my mother in pirate gear for the play! And they used my favorite joke again.
Jack Sprat speaking to Will Dolittle, "I knew your father Will, he was a good man. We called him One-Eyed Bill."
Will asked, "Did he wear an eye-patch?"
Jack replied, "No, he spelled Bill with one I."
So here's to pirates, good opera singers, books, and even the occasional date I've managed to go on. Hopefully the fun will last as I go through another semester!
Comments
Post a Comment