Wow this month has just flown by. I've already celebrated my birthday with a fabulous chocolate party. I highly recommend those. I think I sent everyone home in a chocolate coma. Seriously. I couldn't eat it again for a week. Not after chocolate silk pie, chocolate cake, churros and chocolate sauce, m&m's and other snacking candy, and mini chocolate cupcakes, chocolate cookeis... the list goes on. Being high on chocolate also helped our game of Things last until the hilarious hours of the early morning. So I at least celebrated the youngest I'll ever be again in a highly felicitous fashion!
Now that the fun part of my year is over my life is ending. I can now say something that I never really thought I would ever become. I am a graduate student. A student. In Grad School. I always thought after my BA I'd be done and just try and get a job, move out, and maybe buy a townhouse or something to rent with my friends. Instead I realized my BA is practically useless by itself and followed my second love in life which is books. Although that might be my first and longest love.... Yup. Definitely my first love.
The nice thing is I'm doing this all online so I can be a pajama student!!! BOOYA!!!! Take that all you other grad students trucking around campus in jeans and t-shirts!!! I'm at home in slippers and pj's. AND when the weather is bad and it's snowing outside, my trip to campus will be sooooo hard as I whip up my laptop with a cup of hot chocolate in my other hand. I know. My life is tough.
My last hurrah before my life gets sucked into the vortex called homework was to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit in town. My dad (the big historian in the house) and I went on Monday since my office was closed for the holiday. I learned about the Siege of Masada which I had never heard of before! I've heard a little about the Jews revolts against Roman rule, but somehow had missed this story that ended in the mass suicide of 960 people who refused to succumb to the imminent Roman capture. There's even a movie and I've still never heard of it. So now my plan is to somehow find spare time (HAHAHAHA!!!) to read about this and then watch the movie.
Anyway, if I disappear for a while you can rest assured that I'm alive and merely abducted by aliens.
Now that the fun part of my year is over my life is ending. I can now say something that I never really thought I would ever become. I am a graduate student. A student. In Grad School. I always thought after my BA I'd be done and just try and get a job, move out, and maybe buy a townhouse or something to rent with my friends. Instead I realized my BA is practically useless by itself and followed my second love in life which is books. Although that might be my first and longest love.... Yup. Definitely my first love.
The nice thing is I'm doing this all online so I can be a pajama student!!! BOOYA!!!! Take that all you other grad students trucking around campus in jeans and t-shirts!!! I'm at home in slippers and pj's. AND when the weather is bad and it's snowing outside, my trip to campus will be sooooo hard as I whip up my laptop with a cup of hot chocolate in my other hand. I know. My life is tough.
My last hurrah before my life gets sucked into the vortex called homework was to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit in town. My dad (the big historian in the house) and I went on Monday since my office was closed for the holiday. I learned about the Siege of Masada which I had never heard of before! I've heard a little about the Jews revolts against Roman rule, but somehow had missed this story that ended in the mass suicide of 960 people who refused to succumb to the imminent Roman capture. There's even a movie and I've still never heard of it. So now my plan is to somehow find spare time (HAHAHAHA!!!) to read about this and then watch the movie.
Anyway, if I disappear for a while you can rest assured that I'm alive and merely abducted by aliens.
Comments
Post a Comment