This week I have completed my last first week of school at the University of Utah. As long as nothing drastic happens where I fail all of my classes, I should be graduating with a Bachelors in History! I'm so excited for my classes too. My favorite class already is my drawing class. It's a class teaching both beginners and advanced students, and I am on the advanced side getting some nice practice in mastering the basics in drawing. Trust me, that's worth it in the long run since the basics is where it's at so I can create masterpieces! I've been working on my picture of the Russian man and Horse so hopefully I'll actually finish it and post the final results. My other classes I'm excited about are Ancient Empires of the Middle East (the teacher is soooo enthusiastic about this class it's always entertaining), Victorian Britain and the Industrial Revolution, and Imperialism (we'll cover the French Revolution and the Industrial Revolution up to 1914). I don't think I could pick a better set of classes for my last semester in school. It's gonna rock. I have a LOT of homework to do still this semester, so I'm out for now! Wish me luck!
I absolutely love to read. My whole family is a bunch of readers and every one of us has our own collection of books. (Mine covers my ledge stretching along my 9 foot wall... and I ran out of room for them.) When I was younger (maybe 10) I found out my Grandma Walker kept track of every book she read in a journal and wrote it down, so I began my own book journal. So since 1997-ish I've written down each book's title, author, summary, date finished, how much I like it, and number of pages. I like to keep track of how many pages I've read in a year and the most I've ever gotten was just over 11,000 pages. This year I'm up to about 7,000 which is normal for me at this point. Seeing how I'm obsessed with books I thought I'd mention some of my favorites and favorite authors if you're ever looking for something to read since I have a few people who ask me for reading suggestions as it is. My new found favorite author is Brandon Sanderson. If you haven't he...
Comments
Post a Comment