Skip to main content

Disneyland is My Land

I can't believe how long it has taken me to write a post about my trip to Disneyland. Life and school have not given me my normal summer break. So let me start by saying that even though my Dad couldn't come, Becki was at least a lot more excited about Disneyland than when she was as a moody teenager. Even she admitted she thought she was cooler than her lame family and thereby remembers hardly anything about the park from our first family trip. That made it almost a first time adventure for her! If you had just seen Becki's face when we were going on the new Little Mermaid ride for the first time, it was priceless. She squealed through the whole ride she was so excited. Christian on the other hand was ecstatic when Phineas and Pherb characters came around and did a show. Not to mention, he was flipping out when we went on the big white rollercoaster California Screamin and Neil Patrick Harris' voice sent us off on the ride. Christian's belly growl, "YEEEEEAH!!" could be heard by all for the rest of the ride.




 I on the other hand was pleased to find that California Adventure was better than it was last time I went to the park 4 years ago. But my favorite rides are still in Disneyland itself. My big question is, when will they have a Beauty and the Beast ride?!? I really liked the new Toy Story ride even if the line was super long. I loved how Mr. Potato Head moved and talked to you. Although when an animatronic giant toy calls you out of the crowd, you just don't know what to say.... I also loved making Becki go on the Tower of Terror with me. The minute the ride started she said, "I'm starting to regret this decision..." She then shut her eyes and screamed the rest of the ride. I loved it. I also enjoyed the Bugs Life theater video thing. Even if it did freak me out when the bugs went "crawling" under my butt on the chair.




We went through both parks rather quickly too, I thought. Our first day in Disneyland we covered every single important ride plus some before we quit for the night. By day two we covered all the important rides plus some in California Adventure too with enough time to go back to Disneyland and hit some favorite rides for a second time. We wanted to watch Fantasmic but it got ridiculous trying to find a place to stand so after watching Captain Hook's ship fighting off Peter Pan we gave up and decided to ride on the Haunted Mansion instead (which we walked up the front steps and directly onto the ride!). And I got to ride Pirates twice but unfortunately even Fantasmic didn't cut down on the Indiana Jones ride, so I only rode that one once. I also got to go to Build-A-Bear for the first time and I made me Captain Smollett! Kermit is even a puppet so you can make his mouth move, which I thought was super cute. Next time I'll go make Benjamina Gunn with Miss Piggy!



Also while in California we went to Long Beach where we found some adorable beach shops that I had seen online. They had a pirate store that just made my day. I found me a t-shirt that said seeking Pirate Husband with qualifications listed for an ad. They had a seeking Pirate Wench shirt too that matched, but I don't need that one. lol. Mom and I went shopping one night after Disneyland which was fun. It was just a grocery store called Vons or something to grab snacks and food for the trip home and then stopped at the Doughnut shop called Winchell's. Winchell's was pretty cool and they used to be in Utah. But they're 24 hour doughnut shops! I was pretty happy since I found myself some Weinhard's Orange Cream soda at Von's and had a tasty looking doughnut to go with it. Overall the trip was a complete success.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rushing!

Sorority Life . Not what I thought, at least for Lamba Delta Sigma . To begin with, I didn't know what a sorority was until the day I joined. I thought it was full of prissy girls who go shopping, gossip, and wear pink all the time (kind of a Legally Blonde persona, see picture). But my friend Nadia didn't want to join alone so she dragged me along and convinced me to do it too. By the time I left the first day, I could see my presumptions were wrong. It wasn't full of silly blondes in pink skirts and high heels at all, instead they were all young women like me. This was great news because now I can tell blonde jokes without having to explain them fifty times! Since I'm not taking classes this fall I decided I needed a change in things to make sure I keep active, especially after not doing too much this summer when it came to friends. Not that it was that bad being a homebody. Watching my sisters turn their pretty faces into gruesome troll expressions is quite ...

Believe that the Earth turns Slowly

[Photo taken by me at Aphosian Gardens 2008] Life is moving really fast for me now. I can't believe how many things will happen within the next two weeks, most of which I'm not entirely prepared for. First of all, my  birthday in a couple days. I'm young yet, early twenties but am I the only one who finds it weird when they become a year older? I don't feel much different than I did last year, and with everything going on it doesn't feel like my birthday. Normally I start counting down at the beginning of December because I just add 2 weeks onto the countdown to Christmas. This year, at the beginning of the week I had to count to make sure my birthday was actually this weekend. I'm just too preoccupied to think about it much. I also have school starting next Monday, and I'm going part time, but I'm working part time at crazy hours running back and forth from school and work, and my best friend gets married right after it starts. At least her wedding isn...

Bibliophile - Book Lover - That's me!

I absolutely love to read. My whole family is a bunch of readers and every one of us has our own collection of books. (Mine covers my ledge stretching along my 9 foot wall... and I ran out of room for them.) When I was younger (maybe 10) I found out my Grandma Walker kept track of every book she read in a journal and wrote it down, so I began my own book journal. So since 1997-ish I've written down each book's title, author, summary, date finished, how much I like it, and number of pages. I like to keep track of how many pages I've read in a year and the most I've ever gotten was just over 11,000 pages. This year I'm up to about 7,000 which is normal for me at this point. Seeing how I'm obsessed with books I thought I'd mention some of my favorites and favorite authors if you're ever looking for something to read since I have a few people who ask me for reading suggestions as it is. My new found favorite author is Brandon Sanderson. If you haven't he...