Skip to main content

New Directions and Phone Numbers

Today is the last day of classes and then I have finals next week and I can be done! Lately, I've not only been stressing educationally but emotionally. Starting on the 15th this month I started getting impressions that have led me to a path that I swore off over a year ago. Now I know more of what God wants me to do and now I just have to be patient. I've been doing a lot of thinking about these impressions and all I can say is, if God tells me to do it, I'm going to trust him. It helps if these impressions come like a shovel being swung at your head, so at least I can't help but know what He wants. I don't want to go into details until I actually know what's happening, but I can probably later. I do offer some advice... If God hits you over the head with a shovel once, listen to ALL of the promptings so he doesn't have to whack you twice when you weren't willing to listen to the whole thing the first time. hahaha. Yeah, it's been that kind of a week. Don't worry, as far as I can tell these will be good things, it's just taking a lot of mental effort to wrap my brain around it.

In other news I should be graduating next fall! Huzzah! I was worried I'd have to retake Russian but after talking to my professor today he said, "I know that I expressed to you concerns about your grades early this semester, but it looks like you'll be fine unless you pass out during the final." So as long as I don't develop narcolepsy over the weekend I should be good to go! LOL! And I'm so excited for Fall semester because I'm taking all the classes I want to including an Advanced Drawing class! EEEK!!!

By the way here is a funny conversation between me and an Unknown Number texting me today. If the unknown texted twice it was normally because I had to pause while on a call at work.

Unknown: I know we haven't seen each other in a long time, but I would like to see you sometime this week, if that's okay with you.
(ME Thinking: Okay, this guy has good grammar... which of my guy friends I haven't seen in a while has good grammar and correct punctuation?)
Me: First, I'm not sure I know who this is. My phone isn't recognizing you...
Unkown: Names can come later first I must ask you to dinner!
(Me thinking: What happened to good grammar and punctuation? And which of my guy friends can have good grammar and are teasers?!)
Me: This isn't fair!! Why should I agree to a very very blind date?
Unkown: It shouldn't be that hard. Most types of fruit are blind anyways, right?
(Good grammar is back and now they tell bad jokes. Why isn't this fitting a bill?!)
Unkown: Get it? Date like the fruit?
Me: Don't worry. I can recognize bad jokes! I make plenty. ;) Why don't you prove that you know me?
Unkown: Should I mention how much you love pirates or how much you love Castle? ;-)
(Well they're either a stalking friend on Facebook or they actually know me...)
Unkown: Tell you what, I need to head to work, your sister Rebecca knows my identity and can tell you who I am.
(Say what?! They know Becki too?!)
Me: Lol! Okay. I guess I have to wait. Have a good day at work!
Unkown: You too!
(How do they know I'm working???)
Me to Becki: Becki who is trying to ask me out?!? They said you know them!
Becki to me: It's Lizzie she got a new phone number. She creeped me out too. She sent me a text about how I'm hot and my curly hair is like white fire. lol.
Me to Lizzie: LIZZIE! I'm going to kill you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bibliophile - Book Lover - That's me!

I absolutely love to read. My whole family is a bunch of readers and every one of us has our own collection of books. (Mine covers my ledge stretching along my 9 foot wall... and I ran out of room for them.) When I was younger (maybe 10) I found out my Grandma Walker kept track of every book she read in a journal and wrote it down, so I began my own book journal. So since 1997-ish I've written down each book's title, author, summary, date finished, how much I like it, and number of pages. I like to keep track of how many pages I've read in a year and the most I've ever gotten was just over 11,000 pages. This year I'm up to about 7,000 which is normal for me at this point. Seeing how I'm obsessed with books I thought I'd mention some of my favorites and favorite authors if you're ever looking for something to read since I have a few people who ask me for reading suggestions as it is. My new found favorite author is Brandon Sanderson. If you haven't he...

Best View in Town

Hiking has really had its benefits this summer. I've really enjoyed taking along m y camera, as you can tell. Even if I just used my phone's camera. These pictures are from two separate hikes, Ensign Peak and Grandeur Peak. What's great about both of these hikes is that once you've climbed the top they offer an amazing view of the valley. Many people know about Ensign Peak, but what I love about Grandeur Peak is the absolute brilliance of the view. It's from a much higher vantage point and offers a broader view of the Salt Lake Valley. Pictures can't do it justice. I've hiked it before and stayed up there while it got dark and watched fireworks for the fourth of July and I've never seen anything so beautiful to compare to it. Ensign Peak had an amazing view the night we hiked it. It was growing dark as we sat at the top and the thunder clouds rolling in added a great element to the pictures we took and made the night seem darker than it normally would h...

Fall is in the Air

Our first year of adventures in the married life has been pretty great. COVID actually opened up a lot of travel opportunities we couldn't have afforded otherwise. After going to Disney World earlier in the year, I never imagined that I would also be able to visit Disneyland in the fall, let alone twice! Disneyland To start, Disneyland with my mom, Lizzie and my niece and nephew in September. This was their first time (technically my niece's second but she was an infant the first time.) And doing Disneyland with kids is just magical. Yes, they get tired and grumpy and have no patience when they're hungry but they also believe everything they see. That kind of magic is just great to witness. We walked into the park and Micky and Minnie were at the train station to greet everyone coming in. My nephew was just in awe as my niece was so excited to see Minnie and Mickey in real life. They also quickly figured out that after waiting in a line, a really cool ride was at the end of...