Skip to main content

Christmas Games

♪ Christmas is Over my brother's gotten fat! Please donate a gym pass for our new diet. ♪

I know, it's terrible. But that's what my mom and I were singing while walking out of the store. Hahaha. And I'm tired today because I was up late playing a game with my family. The day after Thanksgiving I went to my dad's store (where I got awesome Black Friday discounts and employee discounts!) and decided I was going to buy some games that my family would like now that we're adults. We seem to have grown out of Candyland now that our youngest person is turning 17. At least we have Apples to Apples and Hilarium which we all love. But I got Lizzie Imagine If for Christmas since she really wanted it, and I got mom The Game of Things as a family gift. We played both last night and Things is one of our new favorite games!! Being wacky people it made this game really entertaining as it pulled out the most outrageous responses from us! Apparently Becki and I both fantasize about chocolate baths with Hugh Jackman... Anyway it's a game I highly encourage for people.

The rest of  Christmas was great too. I was finally getting over my first cold of the season, so I felt great. Lizzie was home more too since her boyfriend left for California to visit his mom. I understood that she missed him, but we miss seeing her and dang it, we claim Lizzie for Christmas! Lol. And I got to visit my dad's side of the family when we went to my Grandpa's house. Now that I realize he's the age of my other grandparents when they died, I'm even more grateful for every year he's still around and for when I can go see him. I also enjoyed eating all the food we had! At our house we made a Virgina Ham. I know you don't understand so I'll tell you what it is. It's basically a ham that has been dried and preserved. This way you actually get more meat for your buck since you don't pay for all the water an juices. But it comes covered in mold, and I'm glad I didn't see it out of the package until mom had cleaned it up! After it soaked in water and then apple juice while it cooked I definitely made up my mind that this is how a ham should be. After we glazed it (with a homemade glaze) I thought I'd die and go to heaven. Oh my scrumptious!

By the way, I finally got through this last semester of school. It was a lot more difficult than I thought it'd be. So far most of my grades are B's, but that's still totally acceptable for me. When you only write 3 papers for a class and you almost bomb the first one, and pick it up for the next two, you can't really expect an A. BUT I have had my own Christmas Miracle in the form of a B- for Russian!! I honestly thought I was going to fail this class even after all the hard work I had been putting into it. So it looks like that work pulled off!! Hopefully tomorrow I'll find out if I get an A in my History and Fiction class. Last time I posted 10 pages on my blog from the story and now it's 35 pages long after major editing. So if you want to read it I included the hyperlink to the pdf version. PLEASE don't redistribute this in any form. But since I only have 13 people following this blog, I'm not really that worried. I just thought I should say it in case. I think the story is good and very entertaining, so have at it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bibliophile - Book Lover - That's me!

I absolutely love to read. My whole family is a bunch of readers and every one of us has our own collection of books. (Mine covers my ledge stretching along my 9 foot wall... and I ran out of room for them.) When I was younger (maybe 10) I found out my Grandma Walker kept track of every book she read in a journal and wrote it down, so I began my own book journal. So since 1997-ish I've written down each book's title, author, summary, date finished, how much I like it, and number of pages. I like to keep track of how many pages I've read in a year and the most I've ever gotten was just over 11,000 pages. This year I'm up to about 7,000 which is normal for me at this point. Seeing how I'm obsessed with books I thought I'd mention some of my favorites and favorite authors if you're ever looking for something to read since I have a few people who ask me for reading suggestions as it is. My new found favorite author is Brandon Sanderson. If you haven't he...

Best View in Town

Hiking has really had its benefits this summer. I've really enjoyed taking along m y camera, as you can tell. Even if I just used my phone's camera. These pictures are from two separate hikes, Ensign Peak and Grandeur Peak. What's great about both of these hikes is that once you've climbed the top they offer an amazing view of the valley. Many people know about Ensign Peak, but what I love about Grandeur Peak is the absolute brilliance of the view. It's from a much higher vantage point and offers a broader view of the Salt Lake Valley. Pictures can't do it justice. I've hiked it before and stayed up there while it got dark and watched fireworks for the fourth of July and I've never seen anything so beautiful to compare to it. Ensign Peak had an amazing view the night we hiked it. It was growing dark as we sat at the top and the thunder clouds rolling in added a great element to the pictures we took and made the night seem darker than it normally would h...

Fall is in the Air

Our first year of adventures in the married life has been pretty great. COVID actually opened up a lot of travel opportunities we couldn't have afforded otherwise. After going to Disney World earlier in the year, I never imagined that I would also be able to visit Disneyland in the fall, let alone twice! Disneyland To start, Disneyland with my mom, Lizzie and my niece and nephew in September. This was their first time (technically my niece's second but she was an infant the first time.) And doing Disneyland with kids is just magical. Yes, they get tired and grumpy and have no patience when they're hungry but they also believe everything they see. That kind of magic is just great to witness. We walked into the park and Micky and Minnie were at the train station to greet everyone coming in. My nephew was just in awe as my niece was so excited to see Minnie and Mickey in real life. They also quickly figured out that after waiting in a line, a really cool ride was at the end of...