Mostly life doesn't get too exciting on a regular basis in the summer, but last week was unusually scheduled with lots of great activities. First I saw the Two Towers extended edition in theaters and had a blast quoting and singing along with the soundtrack! It was pure awesomeness. I'm almost convinced that I should buy these in blueray... I just don't want to spend that much money on them!
After that amazing feat of awesomeness I had my last orchestra rehearsal and concert. We played in West Fest, which I'd never been to before. It's basically a big fair for West Valley complete with rollercoasters, exhibiting booths, concerts of local groups (like us!), and food. It was pretty cool. They even have fireworks. Unfortunately Lizzie and I couldn't stick around very long, but I'm convinced that I need to check this out better next year.
In between the rehearsal and concert that I had with my orchestra I also went and saw The Scarlet Pimpernel sponsored by Murray Arts Council held in the amphitheater in Murray Park. My friend Lili was in it and since I hadn't seen the show before I then had two very compelling reasons to go see the play. I was not disappointed either! It was great! Lili looked so adorable on stage and I loved every body's costumes, especially Marguerite's dresses! She even wore those poofy side bustle things like you see Mary Antoinette wearing! Super cool!!! The guy playing Sir Percy was an amazing singer too, very cute, and amazingly single!! Why didn't I decide to try out for this show?! Lili admitted to thinking Chauvelin was really cute, and he was almost as good of a singer as Percy, and that's still really good. I also loved going to the amphitheater since it brought on a lot of memories of Grandma Walker when she used to be on the council and was either in the shows or taking us to them. I remember when she was a nun in the Sound of Music.
Then after these amazing activities I ended my week with a two day excursion with other Young Single Adults in the west side of the valley. This YSA Summit was crammed full of activities on Saturday from 10 am to 11:30 pm. It was filled with workshops, speakers, food, dancing, movies, and comedians. Needless to say I had a blast. Of course I felt like I killed my legs after all that dancing. My arches and my calves made me limp for two days! I'm still sore! I only wish more guys would have flirted with me, because none did. *sigh* Better luck at the next summit in August. Maybe this time it will actually have people I know. I hardly knew anyone other than a small handful of my ward members. But we also had an amazing fireside by Brad Wilcox on Sunday downtown. They even provided a treat afterwards! It was pretty awesome.
Can you believe that all of these activities happened in about 5 days? Seriously. Last week was busy! Now I have to readjust to a duller lifestyle this week... at least I have Lizzie's birthday this week to look forward to! What a great excuse to go shopping! :)
After that amazing feat of awesomeness I had my last orchestra rehearsal and concert. We played in West Fest, which I'd never been to before. It's basically a big fair for West Valley complete with rollercoasters, exhibiting booths, concerts of local groups (like us!), and food. It was pretty cool. They even have fireworks. Unfortunately Lizzie and I couldn't stick around very long, but I'm convinced that I need to check this out better next year.
In between the rehearsal and concert that I had with my orchestra I also went and saw The Scarlet Pimpernel sponsored by Murray Arts Council held in the amphitheater in Murray Park. My friend Lili was in it and since I hadn't seen the show before I then had two very compelling reasons to go see the play. I was not disappointed either! It was great! Lili looked so adorable on stage and I loved every body's costumes, especially Marguerite's dresses! She even wore those poofy side bustle things like you see Mary Antoinette wearing! Super cool!!! The guy playing Sir Percy was an amazing singer too, very cute, and amazingly single!! Why didn't I decide to try out for this show?! Lili admitted to thinking Chauvelin was really cute, and he was almost as good of a singer as Percy, and that's still really good. I also loved going to the amphitheater since it brought on a lot of memories of Grandma Walker when she used to be on the council and was either in the shows or taking us to them. I remember when she was a nun in the Sound of Music.
Then after these amazing activities I ended my week with a two day excursion with other Young Single Adults in the west side of the valley. This YSA Summit was crammed full of activities on Saturday from 10 am to 11:30 pm. It was filled with workshops, speakers, food, dancing, movies, and comedians. Needless to say I had a blast. Of course I felt like I killed my legs after all that dancing. My arches and my calves made me limp for two days! I'm still sore! I only wish more guys would have flirted with me, because none did. *sigh* Better luck at the next summit in August. Maybe this time it will actually have people I know. I hardly knew anyone other than a small handful of my ward members. But we also had an amazing fireside by Brad Wilcox on Sunday downtown. They even provided a treat afterwards! It was pretty awesome.
Can you believe that all of these activities happened in about 5 days? Seriously. Last week was busy! Now I have to readjust to a duller lifestyle this week... at least I have Lizzie's birthday this week to look forward to! What a great excuse to go shopping! :)
Comments
Post a Comment