So far I have taken full advantage of my summer by finishing seven books. It could have been more, but I'm trying to divide up my time among other activities. So I've read The Cinderella Pact, two Christian romances, and the Alcatraz series by Brandon Sanderson. None of these were on the reading list from my last post, but the Alcatraz books I have been meaning to read for quite a while since Brandon Sanderson is one of my favorite authors. And I bought a copy of Anne of Green Gables which is on the list, and I am really excited to read it once I finish Sense and Sensibility (which is also on the list). I've realized that I'm a lot like Elinor in Sense and Sensibility. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but it's weird reading about a character you connect so well with and being able to analyze how you would have acted in their place. I like Elinor too, but for some reason I have the hardest time getting through this book!! Hopefully it'll be better in the fall. I'm taking a Jane Austen's novels class!! I'm really excited since I've read almost all of them anyway!
Yes, I'm already scheduled for all my fall classes. Just in case you were wondering. I found out I have a grant that should cover all of tuition next year (OH HECK YES!!) So now I'm taking Russian, Jane Austen Romanticism, History and Fiction Writing course (also known as big fat research paper), and History to 1877. I'm getting really close to my major, but I realized that I still need to declare my minor and hopefully I'll be able to clear all those classes quickly too! I like my minor though. British Studies lets me take fun classes like this Jane Austen one or the Victorian Literature class I took last fall.
 |
| Look! New haircut to kick off the summer too. |
Back to my summer, I've also completed a few things on my list. I did an overhaul cleaning job on the bathroom. Unfortunately I was too exhausted to do the floor... but the rest looks great! Just don't look down! I also purchased some dvd racks from IKEA and hung them on my wall to make room for my expanding collection of movies. That made me happy. It let me get the piles of movies off my floor and put them away somewhere safer! I've also been working on drawing my charcoal picture with the horse and Russian. I've had a lot of fun working on it, but I'm terrified I'm going to mess up on the Russian's face and then the whole picture will have been for nothing!! It looks so good though that I can't help get excited! By far this has been my best work ever in charcoal. I'm pretty happy in general. Even if the only thing that ends up being excellent is the horse!
 |
| Here's a very rough picture taken by my phone. It still looks super cool!! |
By the way, did you know that Lord of the Rings is playing the extended editions in theaters this month for one night for each movie in select theaters?!? I'm
totally going! I've been so excited for the Hobbit that I cannot
not go to this without feeling disappointed in myself. Considering an earlier post I made about how I've grown up with LOTR, you should understand the importance of this event for me. My friend Billy (who dressed up like Bert for Halloween with me) is coming with me to all the showings. I don't think he's nearly as versed or thoroughly captivated by the whole series as I am, but he will make this a lot of fun. Now my sister Lizzie is jealous and is trying to scrounge up a date to go with her! I think that's awesome. My once date-hating-boys-are-retarded sister is finding out she can have fun with boys. I'm so proud I could cry.... okay, not really. I cry easily, but not
that easily!
Speaking of Lizzie I have to tell you about the prank I pulled on her. She was in the shower yesterday when Christian noticed she left her phone laying around. He picked it up and started reading her messages. When I found out what he was doing I took it away from him. I mean really! To read some one's messages is embarrassing! Which is why I took the higher road and played with everything else... I made it look like my dog too over her phone. We made Charlie pose and stuck a close-up of his nose as her background, recorded him barking while I squeaked his squeaky toy and made that her ring tone, set alarms to go at 7 in the morning, set reminder appointments for 5:30 in the morning, and made notes to tell her how cool the Antiques Road Show is (it was playing on TV while we did this). As you can imagine, she was quite confused when she got out and found out that her phone had been hijacked and changed into a monument to Charlie. I tried so hard, but I am so bad at keeping a poker face!!! She knew right away. Go figure, she actually liked the ring tone and thought the picture was hilarious.The barking/squeaking ring tone makes Chralie do the cutest confused puppy face! He can hear his toy but he can't see it and he tries to figure out where it is. :) But hopefully this inspires you to throw your own silly pranks this summer! :0)
 |
| Charlie's Close-Up |
Hehehe.... Happy Summer Pranking!!
Comments
Post a Comment