Skip to main content

Midterms... just shoot me!

Please tell me that some of you out there have studied really hard for a test only to have it throw you a curve ball you are totally unprepared for?! Yesterday I got my results for my American Revolution midterm and I got a B- so it's not that bad, but I felt like I put B+ or A- work into studying for that test. Some of it I have recognized as being my own fault... in the 12 multiple choice questions I was only supposed to answer 10 and it even said on the test that he'd take the first 10. Lo and behold, I missed 4 out of the first 10 but I got the last two (that don't count since they were past the first 10) right. If I had read the directions and left out two that I didn't know then that alone would have raised my grade to a B+!! That alone makes me feel a little better knowing I could have gotten that... if I weren't just a nincompoop. Argh.

Then today I took my midterm for Russian. I've been studying for days for this. I'm taking the 2nd course after 2 year absence from the 1st course, so I'm working harder already to keep up with the others. So I made sure I knew the basics for the case we're learning and tried my best to learn all the vocabulary words on our list. Then when I get the test in the listening section I understood the paragraph the teacher read about Sally who went to the store to buy shoes. But when she asked the question we had to answer about Sally I swear she was speaking gibberish! Not only am I still trying to get used to listening to Russian being spoken, but there were a lot of words I didn't know (most likely learned last semester that I wasn't there for). That alone made me frustrated since I understood what she said about Sally, just not the question to actually answer!! The rest of the test went along in a similar fashion. Only the extra credit questions do I really feel good about, and that won't save my grade. I literally left class wanting to cry today, I just know I'm going to fail this test. AND I STUDIED!!! AAARRRGGGGHHH!!!


Now I have my last midterm tomorrow for Intro to Islam, my hardest class. I feel like how my luck is going I should just take it now and fail early so I have the rest of the weekend to just wallow in misery. But instead I'm going to study. At least for all of these classes I do great work on my essays. I just hope their good enough to pull my head above water. Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bibliophile - Book Lover - That's me!

I absolutely love to read. My whole family is a bunch of readers and every one of us has our own collection of books. (Mine covers my ledge stretching along my 9 foot wall... and I ran out of room for them.) When I was younger (maybe 10) I found out my Grandma Walker kept track of every book she read in a journal and wrote it down, so I began my own book journal. So since 1997-ish I've written down each book's title, author, summary, date finished, how much I like it, and number of pages. I like to keep track of how many pages I've read in a year and the most I've ever gotten was just over 11,000 pages. This year I'm up to about 7,000 which is normal for me at this point. Seeing how I'm obsessed with books I thought I'd mention some of my favorites and favorite authors if you're ever looking for something to read since I have a few people who ask me for reading suggestions as it is. My new found favorite author is Brandon Sanderson. If you haven't he...

Best View in Town

Hiking has really had its benefits this summer. I've really enjoyed taking along m y camera, as you can tell. Even if I just used my phone's camera. These pictures are from two separate hikes, Ensign Peak and Grandeur Peak. What's great about both of these hikes is that once you've climbed the top they offer an amazing view of the valley. Many people know about Ensign Peak, but what I love about Grandeur Peak is the absolute brilliance of the view. It's from a much higher vantage point and offers a broader view of the Salt Lake Valley. Pictures can't do it justice. I've hiked it before and stayed up there while it got dark and watched fireworks for the fourth of July and I've never seen anything so beautiful to compare to it. Ensign Peak had an amazing view the night we hiked it. It was growing dark as we sat at the top and the thunder clouds rolling in added a great element to the pictures we took and made the night seem darker than it normally would h...

Fall is in the Air

Our first year of adventures in the married life has been pretty great. COVID actually opened up a lot of travel opportunities we couldn't have afforded otherwise. After going to Disney World earlier in the year, I never imagined that I would also be able to visit Disneyland in the fall, let alone twice! Disneyland To start, Disneyland with my mom, Lizzie and my niece and nephew in September. This was their first time (technically my niece's second but she was an infant the first time.) And doing Disneyland with kids is just magical. Yes, they get tired and grumpy and have no patience when they're hungry but they also believe everything they see. That kind of magic is just great to witness. We walked into the park and Micky and Minnie were at the train station to greet everyone coming in. My nephew was just in awe as my niece was so excited to see Minnie and Mickey in real life. They also quickly figured out that after waiting in a line, a really cool ride was at the end of...