Halloween was a blast! First off the concert at the Utah Symphony was fantastic!! They had a guy who recited his own poems that went with the music. My favorite was probably meeting Count Mildew and hearing him talk about the bats in his basement. They're big and they're bad, and they bite!! The songs which they played were many of my favorites as well; Danse Macbre, Mars from the Planets, In the Hall of the Mountain King, The Ride of the Valkyries, The Sorcerer's Apprentice (as in Mickey's song), and March to the Scaffold! I know that was a long list, but honestly those are all favorites of mine!
Mary Poppins and Bert spent Friday evening at Gardner Village finding all the little kids possible to go talk to. In all frankness, it was Bert hunting out the children while Mary was content perusing the shops and listening to people whisper "Mary Poppins" to their neighbor as they walked by. But everyone was excited to see Mary Poppins and Bert, they were quite the traffic stopper.
It was much more fun though going up to say hi to all the children, and having my friend Billy be the one who lead the way was alright with me. I really think he had a blast considering he wants to do it again next year except we'll be Beauty and the Beast, or Belle and the Prince rather. I have to admit, dressing up as my favorite Disney princess will be a blast! (And I'm sorry that I only have a few pictures from the whole event, but I promise that we were in plenty of other peoples' pictures!)
They day before Halloween on Saturday we spent the afternoon at a condo up in Park City with our Shepherding Couple the Day's. Many of my pictures are from that. It was our last Young Single Adult bash as the 9th ward before our stake's new YSA ward began the next day. Overall, everything was a blast! We watched Halloween movies like Arsenic and Old Lace and Hocus Pocus. And we had lost of great food like Jack o'Lantern pizzas and eggnog. Yum. :)
So you have Charlie Brown music on as I read this tonight! Bert looks really good, you look fantastic, and I thought your trip to Gardner Village sounded like a blast! Sounds like "Bert" is a very outgoing guy who loves to be around the spirit of kids!
ReplyDeleteThe concert you went to sounded like many of the same songs that I love! It is even more fun to go and listen as a musician and "see" the challenges in the work you would be going through if it were you in that chair!
Oh, I had my come uppance on Halloween Night... I got a rock.