Skip to main content

Current Obsession - Castle


When I was in Jr. High and High School I detested the immature girls who would squeal and giggle and obsess over boys like Justin Timberlake, or the new music group. I also did not allow myself to obsess or really like any particular item or anything to be considered a fad or phase because I refused to be linked to the immature girls and tried to be as adult as possible. I didn't even let myself admit I really liked pirates until late High School. I've now grown out of that mindset (maybe because I'm technically an adult...) and I've decided I can obsess and giggle over anything that suits my fancy. And currently my fancy is directed towards Richard Castle.

"I really am ruggedly handsome, aren't I?"


I don't get time to watch much TV and I personally don't like to watch a lot of it anyway, but this show has me addicted. Every Monday I race home from Family Home Evening to catch as much of Castle on ABC as I can. And I don't like it just because I think the guy is good looking. To me, this show is one of a kind. I love the writing in this show and how exquisite all of the characters are. All of them feel really authentic and the murder stories are incredible. They certainly know how to get creative.

I love the main character Richard Castle and how he represents everything opposite to what you expect to find in a police investigation show. He's a mystery novelist, rich, charming (almost too charming), and has the best sense of humor that always makes me laugh whenever he opens his mouth. And he's definitely well matched with Kate Beckett. I love her in the show just as much as Castle. She's just as mean to him as I would be and knows how to keep him in his place. (You go girl!) But when it comes to her job she's a very devoted person who wants to bring justice to people, and make sure they have the truth. But when she teases Castle and toys with him and his gullibility, her sense of humor definitely makes an entrance.

On the show Castle writes a novel based on Kate Beckett with his new fictional character Nikki Heat, a savvy sexy cop who's very good at her job. And ABC released a book based on the one Castle wrote in the show written by a ghost writer. I've read the first 10 chapters of it on their website, here and I can't wait until I can actually buy the book! (I will warn you, there is a "naughty" scene in chapter 10 that I skipped, so if you don't like it you have been forewarned.) From that link you can also get to the episodes they have online. I frequently have to catch up watching them from here since Mondays are always busy, especially with school. But I just have to say, the book and show are amazing. The best part about it that separates them from other cop shows is it's all about the relationships and that's it's only enhanced by the mysteries of the murders. Don't dwell on the blood and guns, give me the romantic comedy. That's what I say. Now if I could just find my own Rick Castle... but single, good looking, rich men with great senses of humor are hard to find. ;)

Comments

  1. I love how in every episode you're kept guessing who the real killer is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything worth having is hard to find. And rather than searching for someone worth having. Why not become someone worth being searched for?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bibliophile - Book Lover - That's me!

I absolutely love to read. My whole family is a bunch of readers and every one of us has our own collection of books. (Mine covers my ledge stretching along my 9 foot wall... and I ran out of room for them.) When I was younger (maybe 10) I found out my Grandma Walker kept track of every book she read in a journal and wrote it down, so I began my own book journal. So since 1997-ish I've written down each book's title, author, summary, date finished, how much I like it, and number of pages. I like to keep track of how many pages I've read in a year and the most I've ever gotten was just over 11,000 pages. This year I'm up to about 7,000 which is normal for me at this point. Seeing how I'm obsessed with books I thought I'd mention some of my favorites and favorite authors if you're ever looking for something to read since I have a few people who ask me for reading suggestions as it is. My new found favorite author is Brandon Sanderson. If you haven't he...

Best View in Town

Hiking has really had its benefits this summer. I've really enjoyed taking along m y camera, as you can tell. Even if I just used my phone's camera. These pictures are from two separate hikes, Ensign Peak and Grandeur Peak. What's great about both of these hikes is that once you've climbed the top they offer an amazing view of the valley. Many people know about Ensign Peak, but what I love about Grandeur Peak is the absolute brilliance of the view. It's from a much higher vantage point and offers a broader view of the Salt Lake Valley. Pictures can't do it justice. I've hiked it before and stayed up there while it got dark and watched fireworks for the fourth of July and I've never seen anything so beautiful to compare to it. Ensign Peak had an amazing view the night we hiked it. It was growing dark as we sat at the top and the thunder clouds rolling in added a great element to the pictures we took and made the night seem darker than it normally would h...

Fall is in the Air

Our first year of adventures in the married life has been pretty great. COVID actually opened up a lot of travel opportunities we couldn't have afforded otherwise. After going to Disney World earlier in the year, I never imagined that I would also be able to visit Disneyland in the fall, let alone twice! Disneyland To start, Disneyland with my mom, Lizzie and my niece and nephew in September. This was their first time (technically my niece's second but she was an infant the first time.) And doing Disneyland with kids is just magical. Yes, they get tired and grumpy and have no patience when they're hungry but they also believe everything they see. That kind of magic is just great to witness. We walked into the park and Micky and Minnie were at the train station to greet everyone coming in. My nephew was just in awe as my niece was so excited to see Minnie and Mickey in real life. They also quickly figured out that after waiting in a line, a really cool ride was at the end of...