
I am sooo glad that summer is finally here. And because winter did not want to let go of its icy grip, we've had a moderate spring which has felt fabulous. Now if I could find a way to transport my work outside to get more sun.... then we'd be set!
So far life hasn't been too exciting. Unless you count the passing of my Grandma Walker, except that was grievous, not exciting. At least the tears are over, and I know she's a lot happier back with Grandpa. I don't think he could handle waiting for her any longer. We'll still miss her anyway.
I do have a lot of plans for the summer that I'm really excited about. I want to go hiking every Saturday, go camping, go swimming, walk my puppy, take a summer class, and finally get my Associates Degree (yes, I know I'm slow). But most of all I really really want to go horse back riding again! I haven't been in so long! And then last Sunday we fed our friend's horses before church since she was going out of town that day. I have to admit it was the absolute highlight of my day. They had goats and baby goats there that were just adorable too. And Alisa's never been riding so hopefully we can go next week.
To top it all off, I'm trying to read as much as possible this summer. I always try to read about 10,000 pages a year, and so far I only have 2,000. But I picked up this cool Fantasy series by Brandon Sanderson where each book is about 600 pages, so that should help pick up my numbers. When I went to the library yesterday I kept finding books I wanted to get, but I knew I couldn't read them all within four weeks. I'll just have to finish them quickly and go back and get them! And if you have any interesting recommendations feel free to tell me. I've read all sorts of stuff.
Years ago I began a list of reading for myself that hasn't gotten too far yet. I wanted to read "The Classics" and I read
ReplyDeleteMoby Dick which I had never read. Laurel and Kelly gave me a few books this past Christmas, but then our lives went a bit weird, and I havn't been back in them. I started "Gulliver's Travels" and in addition I got "Oliver Twist", "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" (which I read years ago)and "The Last of the Mohicans." I read "Tom Sawyer" a few times when I was young. Mark Twain is a good author to follow if you like sarcasm and looking at life in that period of time.
But no one reads like your dad! Now, here's a guy that can probably outread anyone on any given day!