We've been married for a whole year! I can't believe how fast this year has flown. At the same time it has felt very slow, I'm sure that's partially due to the slower pace that COVID has put on all our lives. I've spent more time with Nathan than I ever thought I would as a newlywed now that we both work from home. I joke that during office hours he is my co-worker and not my husband so he's not allowed to be mushy unless it's our lunch break. hahaha
To celebrate we decided to spend a weekend in Logan at the Anniversary Inn (in the Pirate themed room!) For the price I think that it's a nice place to stay, but I don't know if I'd want to splurge for Anniversary Inn every time. But it would be fun to check out the other rooms. I signed the guest book for the both of us and added a pirate drawing in honor of Inktober.
That first night we only had a little time in Logan. We stopped by the Logan temple since I had never seen it. We couldn't visit inside since it was closed for cleaning. I got to go shopping in an antique store and bought a cute glass jar that I plan to use to hold Splenda for my herbal teas. I needed a sugar spoon too so I got a silver spoon to go with it! I also found one of my favorite childhood books: Raggedy Anne and the Magic Book from 1939.
Saw a play Cinderella by their local community theater group. The horses for the carriage were the most magical part. They were almost like life sized 3-D puppets who were set up to gears to make it look like their legs were running. They did a great job and I loved the costumes and the evil step-sisters were hilarious. After the play though we learned food places close early (it was only 9 PM) and ended up going to a gas station for a snack dinner.
On Saturday Nathan took me to see Bear Lake for the very first time and to explore Garden City on the shores. Even though it's off-season and the raspberry festival is over, we still ordered raspberry milkshakes at the Bear Trapper Restaurant and it was delightful!
Comments
Post a Comment