A few of our smaller but worth noting summer activities
- Nathan indulged me in my desire for some good old museum going and took me to see the Natural History Museum's Ancient Egypt the Time of the Pharaohs Exhibit. I was having too much fun, it took me 3 hours to get through the museum. I don't think Nathan knew what he was getting into! They had recreated a nobleman tomb that you could go in and take photos which was one of my favorite sections. I also turned into a quasi tour guide/nerd spouting off random facts about Ancient Egypt and the pharaohs. haha. I always wanted to learn how to read hieroglyphics and have my name in a cartouche. Instead I bought a cartouche neclace with Celopatra's name. Dad was jealous so I promised to take him later this year because no one else is interested in going... probably because they know from prior experience (unlike Nathan) that we will take another 3 hours. hahaha
- My Aunt Bonnie came into town from Texas and she decided to make that week a small party. This included a family BBQ where Nathan and I were invited to join more family in a couple of days to ride the Heber Creeper with whoever could come. I hadn't ridden the train before and it was fun!
- My silblings outdoor movie night watching the Quiet Place because we wanted to then see the second one as a group at the theater about a week later.
- Girl's Camp - this could be 3 posts alone. It was a great time and a new experience as a leader.
- Lizzie's Birthday Tea Party at the Grand America - in fancy dress. SO FANCY, SO FUN! I would do this again in a heartbeat. It was a unique and special way to celebrate her birthday.
- Family BBQ for the 4th of July at my house. Dad picked up Grandpa and brought him over. The kids couldn't stop drinking homemade root beer and we enjoyed escaping to the AC after dinner was over. I bought some jumbo sidewalk chalk and my niece and nephew enjoyed that the most.
- Nathan and and I ran our first virtual 5k together. It was Disney themed and the medal was so cute we'll probably do it again. I did another one but in person with my sister at Hogle Zoo a month later.
- Harry Potter Deer Valley Music Festival. The music was fabulous as always. I forget how the mountains got chilly so I was wrapping up in the blanket and leaning into Nathan. We left a tad early to escape the parking lot backups.
- Hubs and I had a St. George weekend to see The Count of Monte Cristo at the Tuachan Theater and 1 plays at the Shakespeare Festival, The Comedy of Errors. I also happened to run into a best friend Denise from high school. Going on vacation to go see plays is the best.
- Utah State Fair and Rodeo! My mother-in-law came with us and had a great time since she hadn't been in years. Lizzie and I both entered in artwork to compete after a long absence of competing! No ribbons, but the judges told me they loved my blending work on the horse in pencil. I think Lizzie got an honorable mention.
That wraps up most of the summer. Unless you want to count my trip to Disneyland in September, but that feels very fall.


Comments
Post a Comment