For fun, on April 16th we booked an overnight stay at the Little America Hotel downtown to celebrate our 6th month anniversary. When we parked the car and walked into the lobby, I was already floored. This is just a beautiful hotel and I knew it was a great romantic getaway from the moment we walked in. After getting to our room I had to take pictures and a video about how old-world and classic it looked. It had so much space and the bathroom was amazing. So we dropped off our luggage and headed to the hotel restaurant where my dad told me to try the steak, because his work supplies the meat. My steak was amazing! It was small, but mighty in flavor! The mashed potatoes were so creamy. The waiter made me nervous though because I told her I was allergic to eggs and she kept asking me what I could eat instead of checking with kitchen staff - so I ordered safe. But I was able to get some sherbet which she checked was safe. Nathan liked his food so much he practically inhaled it (normal for him.) But we both agreed we'd be happy to go back to eat there in the future. Hopefully I'll get a waiter who is a little better trained on allergies, but at least I know how to order safe.
I absolutely love to read. My whole family is a bunch of readers and every one of us has our own collection of books. (Mine covers my ledge stretching along my 9 foot wall... and I ran out of room for them.) When I was younger (maybe 10) I found out my Grandma Walker kept track of every book she read in a journal and wrote it down, so I began my own book journal. So since 1997-ish I've written down each book's title, author, summary, date finished, how much I like it, and number of pages. I like to keep track of how many pages I've read in a year and the most I've ever gotten was just over 11,000 pages. This year I'm up to about 7,000 which is normal for me at this point. Seeing how I'm obsessed with books I thought I'd mention some of my favorites and favorite authors if you're ever looking for something to read since I have a few people who ask me for reading suggestions as it is. My new found favorite author is Brandon Sanderson. If you haven't he...
Comments
Post a Comment