For fun, on April 16th we booked an overnight stay at the Little America Hotel downtown to celebrate our 6th month anniversary. When we parked the car and walked into the lobby, I was already floored. This is just a beautiful hotel and I knew it was a great romantic getaway from the moment we walked in. After getting to our room I had to take pictures and a video about how old-world and classic it looked. It had so much space and the bathroom was amazing. So we dropped off our luggage and headed to the hotel restaurant where my dad told me to try the steak, because his work supplies the meat. My steak was amazing! It was small, but mighty in flavor! The mashed potatoes were so creamy. The waiter made me nervous though because I told her I was allergic to eggs and she kept asking me what I could eat instead of checking with kitchen staff - so I ordered safe. But I was able to get some sherbet which she checked was safe. Nathan liked his food so much he practically inhaled it (normal for him.) But we both agreed we'd be happy to go back to eat there in the future. Hopefully I'll get a waiter who is a little better trained on allergies, but at least I know how to order safe.
Sorority Life . Not what I thought, at least for Lamba Delta Sigma . To begin with, I didn't know what a sorority was until the day I joined. I thought it was full of prissy girls who go shopping, gossip, and wear pink all the time (kind of a Legally Blonde persona, see picture). But my friend Nadia didn't want to join alone so she dragged me along and convinced me to do it too. By the time I left the first day, I could see my presumptions were wrong. It wasn't full of silly blondes in pink skirts and high heels at all, instead they were all young women like me. This was great news because now I can tell blonde jokes without having to explain them fifty times! Since I'm not taking classes this fall I decided I needed a change in things to make sure I keep active, especially after not doing too much this summer when it came to friends. Not that it was that bad being a homebody. Watching my sisters turn their pretty faces into gruesome troll expressions is quite ...
Comments
Post a Comment