
As a new tradition our family has enjoyed walking around This is the Place Heritage Park for their Candlelight Christmas. Everyone who's available comes and we bundle up and walk through the old fashioned buildings and participate in the activities. My niece is now 2 and thinks this is a blast! My brand new nephew got super bundled up (he loves to be warm and cries if he's not wrapped in a blanket!) and we passed him around from adult to adult until your arms felt too heavy.
 |
| Funny Faces! |
Dad loves the history of this place and their traditional Christmas decorations. Christian really likes coming up here too. I think he likes the atmosphere and the fun treats. I love the crafts they let you do, like rolling up beeswax into a candle, or helping to tie fabric onto rope to make fabric garlands. They also sell old-fashioned trinkets and candy! Mom enjoys the old-fashioned stuff which really helps her feel the Christmas spirit and she enjoys the live nativity. Also - I bet she just enjoys doing fun things with her grandbabies. After all, look at dad's smitten face below with his new grandson!


Activities for Christmas are a lot more magical with kids around. I don't know why, but they are. Aubrey wanted to dance in the square dances and loved eating fresh donuts. She's also quite the pyro and loved roasting marshmallows for s'mores! I think every single one of her marshmallows caught on fire. I gladly ate one of them. The s'mores happened to be my favorite part because I couldn't eat the doughnuts. And we were using caramel filled Ghirardelli chocolate squares which are amazingly good in a s'more, I don't know why I haven't thought of that before!
To end on a magical note, we saw Santa and had Aubrey sit on his lap to ask for a present! She also put her "name" on the nice list. I sure hope Santa can read two-year-old. When her mom put her on Santa's lap she had no idea what she was doing, so she sat there very clueless. Hahahaha. The pictures were super sweet though! Love that girl to pieces.
 |
| Aubrey and Santa |
Comments
Post a Comment