I've had two more dates with Nathan since the previous post. On 11/8 we had a short date to Leatherby's Ice Cream Parlor. He'd never been before so I had to warn him that the servings were the largest he'd ever see.
I talked a lot - because it's me. And he opened up about his parent's divorce. Apparently that's something he doesn't really talk to people about. He even told me about how awful it had been when I asked, because I honestly didn't know what that was like to go through. I felt really glad that he was willing to be vulnerable with me, and I felt a little bad I didn't have anything off-hand to be equally vulnerable about. Still, talking to me is very important since that's how I feel like I connect with people and I'm happy to be a listening ear when people need it. (I know I'm very talented at usually running at the mouth, but I can listen, okay?!)
We had met there after work to get ice cream and so when he walked me to the parking lot he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before we left. I wasn't quite expecting it! It was terribly sweet. He's told me he never had a girlfriend before, so I know this is all newer to him and all the more adorable to watch him experience his first kiss.
Our real first kiss though was the date after that about two weeks later. There wasn't anything particularly monumental, but we saw the lights at Temple Square and we chatted and went into the Joseph Smith Building. I remember asking him about his favorite Christmas traditions. Apparently his parents have given them ornaments every year and now he has quite the collection, mostly Disney ornaments. We were well bundled up in the cold and his warm hands were so nice for my freezing hands! At the end of the date he walked me to the Trax station by City Creek. (My car was parked at the end of the line and we'd met downtown after I got off work.) Anyway, while we stood there waiting the few minutes for the train to come for me, we had our first kiss on the platform as the train drove up. That was his first kiss ever! đŸ’“Adorable.
I talked a lot - because it's me. And he opened up about his parent's divorce. Apparently that's something he doesn't really talk to people about. He even told me about how awful it had been when I asked, because I honestly didn't know what that was like to go through. I felt really glad that he was willing to be vulnerable with me, and I felt a little bad I didn't have anything off-hand to be equally vulnerable about. Still, talking to me is very important since that's how I feel like I connect with people and I'm happy to be a listening ear when people need it. (I know I'm very talented at usually running at the mouth, but I can listen, okay?!)
We had met there after work to get ice cream and so when he walked me to the parking lot he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before we left. I wasn't quite expecting it! It was terribly sweet. He's told me he never had a girlfriend before, so I know this is all newer to him and all the more adorable to watch him experience his first kiss.
Our real first kiss though was the date after that about two weeks later. There wasn't anything particularly monumental, but we saw the lights at Temple Square and we chatted and went into the Joseph Smith Building. I remember asking him about his favorite Christmas traditions. Apparently his parents have given them ornaments every year and now he has quite the collection, mostly Disney ornaments. We were well bundled up in the cold and his warm hands were so nice for my freezing hands! At the end of the date he walked me to the Trax station by City Creek. (My car was parked at the end of the line and we'd met downtown after I got off work.) Anyway, while we stood there waiting the few minutes for the train to come for me, we had our first kiss on the platform as the train drove up. That was his first kiss ever! đŸ’“Adorable.
Comments
Post a Comment