 |
| Cave Man Mom |
Oh the food.
Thanksgiving Day is when mom and I pull out all the stops to create a pretty fabulous home-cooked meal. We were cutting a few things back, instead of making racks of rolls I did one small pan. I also tried to cut back on how many pies I baked which felt like I was abandoning my imaginary children. I just love making 4 or more pies during the week making both traditional pies and something new. To sneak one in I made a sweet potato pie with toasted marshmallows on top the week before. For the actual day I made mincemeat pie (traditional and must-have for breakfast the next day) and pecan pie (new for me), not including my mom's pie. I had never made pecan pie before and it was easy and sooo scrumptious. My mom was also excited because with all her allergens she was able to figure out that fruit pies with a granola crust that she could eat so she got herself some mini pie dishes. They were so adorable!
 |
| The present fam |
The family mostly really enjoyed talking and chatting together. Our heads were mostly just completely wrapped around one single subject - my youngest sister and her husband announced right after dinner that there is a grandchild in the works. I always thought that my family would never give in to the first baby gushiness, but we totally did. That's all we talked about for 2 straight days. So sometime next July I will officially become Aunt Nanny.
I may or may not have begun planning the baby shower from that very day.... haha
 |
| Me and the Brother In Law |
Comments
Post a Comment