My life is crazy busy right now, but it's been good. Here's some of the random things lately.
I had my sister take some awesome-looking graduation photos for me to celebrate my BA.
I also like my new position at work. I like managing the call center and making it run the way I think it should. We have great agents which makes it easy to work with them too. It's especially nice since the upper management people have been super supportive and have been so excited for me to accept this new position. Seriously, one of them ran and hugged me.
I've started playing with the West Valley Symphony again and I think they're trying to kill me. I'm pretty sure I sprained/strained/bruised a finger on my bowing hand just trying to keep up with all the runs from John William's runs. (He has a vendetta against strings and gives them impossbily fast scales!) Even if the music is hard, it is fun to play. It's all comic hero themes. They want us to dress up as comic book heros, but there aren't many recognizable girls who don't wear tights... So I'm thinking I may just be a pirate or finish my currently planned Halloween costume.
My mom and I will be the same character for Halloween. But our costumes will be completely different. Before and After, you might say. I'm really excited! We didn't plan this... it just kinda happened. It'll be a lot of fun though! I can't wait to get to the sewing store!
Lastly, when I was a church the lesson in Sunday School talked about making the Temple a priority and center in your life. I thought about my past weekend... I was at the temple on Thursday with a friend, worked a shift for a friend Friday (Elder Scott was in my session! So cool!), and worked my own shift Saturday. I think it's safe to say I'm on the right path or overkilling it a little. But I think that's okay as long as the rest of my life stays in balance. I'm just finding so many spiritual benefits to frequent temple attendance and then some weekends feel like I live there. Not every weekend, just a few. :)
It makes me think about a question I read in a girl's blog about when people ask about her life and how she was tired of people asking when she'd get married. One of the questions she wants to be asked is, "What is God teaching you right now?"
I think my answer would have a lot of temple related responses. I've just grown so much since last year. Which I could go into detail about, but I won't right now. Just consider it a great question to ask me or other people around you.
What is God teaching you right now?
I had my sister take some awesome-looking graduation photos for me to celebrate my BA.
I also like my new position at work. I like managing the call center and making it run the way I think it should. We have great agents which makes it easy to work with them too. It's especially nice since the upper management people have been super supportive and have been so excited for me to accept this new position. Seriously, one of them ran and hugged me.
I've started playing with the West Valley Symphony again and I think they're trying to kill me. I'm pretty sure I sprained/strained/bruised a finger on my bowing hand just trying to keep up with all the runs from John William's runs. (He has a vendetta against strings and gives them impossbily fast scales!) Even if the music is hard, it is fun to play. It's all comic hero themes. They want us to dress up as comic book heros, but there aren't many recognizable girls who don't wear tights... So I'm thinking I may just be a pirate or finish my currently planned Halloween costume.
My mom and I will be the same character for Halloween. But our costumes will be completely different. Before and After, you might say. I'm really excited! We didn't plan this... it just kinda happened. It'll be a lot of fun though! I can't wait to get to the sewing store!
Lastly, when I was a church the lesson in Sunday School talked about making the Temple a priority and center in your life. I thought about my past weekend... I was at the temple on Thursday with a friend, worked a shift for a friend Friday (Elder Scott was in my session! So cool!), and worked my own shift Saturday. I think it's safe to say I'm on the right path or overkilling it a little. But I think that's okay as long as the rest of my life stays in balance. I'm just finding so many spiritual benefits to frequent temple attendance and then some weekends feel like I live there. Not every weekend, just a few. :)
It makes me think about a question I read in a girl's blog about when people ask about her life and how she was tired of people asking when she'd get married. One of the questions she wants to be asked is, "What is God teaching you right now?"
I think my answer would have a lot of temple related responses. I've just grown so much since last year. Which I could go into detail about, but I won't right now. Just consider it a great question to ask me or other people around you.
What is God teaching you right now?

Comments
Post a Comment