![]() |
| My adorable Grandma sitting by her fence |
My family is moving. To my Grandmother's house. Is it just me, or is the house your Grandma lived in supposed to stay as Grandma's house even after she dies? I like to think of her living there in my memories even though I know a new family actually lives there.
Either way, it can't be helped now. It sounds like everything is pretty official now. The only good part about moving was getting a guy I like to freak out. I kind of told him I was moving to Boise, Idaho... I figured it'd be possible and yet ridiculous at the same time to make it just barely believable. And he fell for it. It was kind of sad, yet satisfying because he sounded absolutely crushed that I was going so far away. Then he called me just to make sure I wasn't still playing with him when I told him I'd only be 20 minutes away. I know, I know. I'm a cruel woman. He already told me that too. hahaha.
I've told my mom that moving can feel like a really mini mission for me. Our official date to move into the house is just a couple days after I leave for Europe. So while I'm gone for 2 weeks my family will move and I'll come home to a new house! The good part about my mom being the estate's executive though is that she kind of has control of the house anyway so we can start to fix it up and move in early if we need to, which I need to. I plan on packing my bag for Europe first and then packing boxes to move so that I can have all the bare necessities already when I get back. The other good news is that the rest of my stuff can stay in our old house because my sister and brother-in-law are buying it and they don't need the rooms in the basement.
I think that the only way we were able to convince my sentimental father to leave this place was because it helps Lizzie and Jimmy buy their first home (and puts them in a better place to give him grandbabies). Secondly, he's always loved my Grandma's house and has told my mom for years that he'd like to move into their house or one just like it for their place to retire and live out their lives in. I was hoping for one like it. Oh well. To a smaller house and smaller bedroom I go. I'll tell you what happens to my furniture later. Because I have no idea where my television, couch, ottoman, and tv stand will go since my twin bed will take up half my bedroom.
Last of all here is my biggest remorse for moving: ONE full bathroom!! NOOOOOO!!!!!
Thankfully one bedroom at least has a toilet and sink for emergencies, but I'll miss having a bathroom practically to myself. Me thinks it's time to SERIOUSLY consider moving out. Then my apartment will have room for me.

Comments
Post a Comment