I am done with all of my work and tests for my Bachelor's degree. I cannot begin to tell you how odd this concept is for me. I don't feel like I'm done with school to any major degree (pun intended). I feel like it's just winter break and I'll be trucking back up to the University come January. Except I won't be. I took my LAST final. (Until I go get a Masters but we'll ignore this for now.) I am done with school!!! YAY!!!
Now I don't know what to do with myself. I have free time. I don't need to study. I can read a book for fun! Every year I keep track of how many books I read and last year I read about 24 and so far this year I'm at 14 with only 18 days to catch up. I really don't think that'll happen unless I read a bunch of kid books. But my really good friend Alisa got me the book Matched that I really want to check out. In fact I have a whole list of books I want to check out.
Secondly I want to go to Disneyworld. Have you seen the information on the new Fantasyland? It looks AmAzInG! I want to see the Beast's castle and eat in the Be Our Guest restaurant. Then I think my dreams would come true. So I have now created a Disneyworld savings account and with luck I can go next year! I know, I know. I will save for my Master's Degree too.
I've also considered moving out of my parent's house now that I'm gradumatated. I have to pay off the school loans first and get some money in the bank, but if I start working full time it can be possible! My goal a couple years ago was to graduate by the time I was 25 (I'm making that with only a month to spare) and buy my own house or move out in general. I think it'd be fun but I need to get friends to move out with me. I have friends who want to, now we just got to get the timing and finances straightened out!
Last of all I want to get a job at the library, even just a part time job. I want to apply for a master's program to start going in the beginning of 2014. This way if I get a job at the library I can get an in on the field, maybe get a letter of recommendation from a librarian, and they offer tuition assistance!
I know these are all big plans and I don't want to get too wrapped up in all this yet. I'm gonna focus on some little things then for December. 1 - Get Christmas presents for everyone (I only have 11 days!). 2 - See the Hobbit movie at midnight tonight and then watch Brave. 3 - Go to Gardner Village and buy some ornaments and fudge. 4 - Throw a tea party for my 2 neighbor girls. 5 - Plan a birthday/graduation party.
Good plans. The rest can wait until January. I just realized this sounds a lot like New Year's resolutions.I guess I'm a little ahead of the game!
Now I don't know what to do with myself. I have free time. I don't need to study. I can read a book for fun! Every year I keep track of how many books I read and last year I read about 24 and so far this year I'm at 14 with only 18 days to catch up. I really don't think that'll happen unless I read a bunch of kid books. But my really good friend Alisa got me the book Matched that I really want to check out. In fact I have a whole list of books I want to check out.
Secondly I want to go to Disneyworld. Have you seen the information on the new Fantasyland? It looks AmAzInG! I want to see the Beast's castle and eat in the Be Our Guest restaurant. Then I think my dreams would come true. So I have now created a Disneyworld savings account and with luck I can go next year! I know, I know. I will save for my Master's Degree too.
I've also considered moving out of my parent's house now that I'm gradumatated. I have to pay off the school loans first and get some money in the bank, but if I start working full time it can be possible! My goal a couple years ago was to graduate by the time I was 25 (I'm making that with only a month to spare) and buy my own house or move out in general. I think it'd be fun but I need to get friends to move out with me. I have friends who want to, now we just got to get the timing and finances straightened out!
Last of all I want to get a job at the library, even just a part time job. I want to apply for a master's program to start going in the beginning of 2014. This way if I get a job at the library I can get an in on the field, maybe get a letter of recommendation from a librarian, and they offer tuition assistance!
I know these are all big plans and I don't want to get too wrapped up in all this yet. I'm gonna focus on some little things then for December. 1 - Get Christmas presents for everyone (I only have 11 days!). 2 - See the Hobbit movie at midnight tonight and then watch Brave. 3 - Go to Gardner Village and buy some ornaments and fudge. 4 - Throw a tea party for my 2 neighbor girls. 5 - Plan a birthday/graduation party.
Good plans. The rest can wait until January. I just realized this sounds a lot like New Year's resolutions.I guess I'm a little ahead of the game!
Comments
Post a Comment