 |
| Me! |
Life is busy. Which is good. I like it better than being bored! But I realize I have a lot to write about and no time to write it.... so "let me explain. No there is too much. Let me sum up." (as said by Inigo Montoya.)
 |
| Willamette Riverfront at sundown |
First! School is going well. I have two classes I have to focus on and 2 where I review the books I've already read for them. Talk about awesome. For my Senior Project (even though I'm only almost a Senior...) I'm taking a course that focuses on History and Fiction. I think that will tie in nicely with my Library Science degree. Anyway, I have the option of writing a report or writing a fictional story. Guess what I picked! That's right. So I'm now writing a story about November 5th and the failed Gunpowder Plot when some men tried to blow up King James I about 400 years ago. I'm pretty intrigued. I already know a lot about the 2 main monarchs before him (Elizabeth I, and King Henry VIII) so I'm familiar with the time period but yet I have a lot to learn about King James. So this will be fun.
 |
| Powell's Bookstore |
Second! I went to the Portland Pirate Festival over Labor Day weekend and had a blast!! Besides, I got to spend an extra day up there than I have in previous years. We did a lot of awesome stuff like the pirate festival (of courrrrse!), shopping at a Sock Shop, window shopping in Hipster Portland and getting gelato ice cream, perusing the world's biggest book store (SO cool!), going to the Tillamock Cheese factory, and the beach that had a cave/tunnel! My favorite parts were probably the beach and the bookstore. I didn't take many pictures of the bookstore because I was too busy looking at books, but I took a ton of shots at the beach. It was just so stormy/foggy cool looking! So it was definitely an amazing trip. The drive home was even interesting... at least we had a lot of delays. But we made it safe and sound which is all that matters.
 |
| Hykel and Aaron |
 |
| No cows were hurt in the shooting of this picture. |
After all the shopping and driving and walking we did though I just love Portland more than I did before. I've decided I should move there someday. I just like it too much up there. That got me thinking about my Masters degree in general because only schools out of state offer the program I need. So now I'm seriously considering moving out of state to go to school when the time comes. Mom says I should go to North Carolina and I know I'd love living on either of the coasts. I've been to both sides and liked it but it all depends on if I get a scholarship and what school will be cheaper, both in tuition and living expenses.
 |
| Lizzie |
Anyway, that's a sum up on my life for the past month. Sorry I didn't describe my trip more! I'm just posting pictures instead. They're worth a thousand words anyway. ;)
 |
| Lili |
 |
| Me at Voodoo Doughnuts |
| |
| I forget the name of this beach, but it was cool! |
 |
| Jazmyne the fox |
 |
| This is one of my favorite shots. :) |
 |
| Hykel |
 |
| While looking for shells she got a little wet... |
Portland sounds so awesome! I know a few people who abandoned me to live there! Sigh. But it sounds gorgeous! I didn't know you were planing on leaving the state for school! That sounds so exciting! Are you going to post the story from your class that you are writing?
ReplyDelete