Don't you just love pumpkins? I love their smell, the scented candles, the desserts, soups, muffins, cookies, and whatever you make out of them. Isn't it amazing how much we use it considering it's a squash? But I've decided I am definitely an autumn person. I love crunching leaves while I walk on the sidewalk. I purposefully will swerve all over the sidewalk just to hear them crinkle under my feet. I love to go to the mountains see the reds, yellows, greens, orange, and browns that coat the trees and the ground. Just driving up to the University right next to the mountains gives me a lot of pleasure.
I also have this strong desire to bake pumpkin pie, apple pie, sweet potatoe pie, spice cookies, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, and dinner rolls. I'm also getting excited for Thanksgiving. I'll use it as excuse to practice making goodies. Or I need to go buy a lot of scented candles so I can smell them all the time. :)
Also, I really enjoyed reading the Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. It's a Victorian "sensational" novel, and one of the most well-known sensational novels. It was perfect for October. It had identity theft, murder, poison, Counts, foreigners, money, deceptions, love, and of course death. I would definitely recommend this as a read for October.
Last of all, I'm really excited for the tickets I got for the Haunted Symphony!! The Utah Symphony is performing Danse Macabre (one of my FAVORITE violin songs, wish I had the music) and Mars by Holst, along with In The Hall of the Mountain King by Grieg. (See, already 3 songs I love!!!) I'm so excited! Hope you all have your costumes figured out. What will your costume be?
Happy Haunting!

I am a Halloween bah humbug, myself... but I do like autumn, sorta, although I am a spring person myself. I wouldn't have done anything for Halloween this year, but Bridget and Sean brought Pumpkins home so then we had a family night last night and did pumpkins for everyone, including Tom the dog!
ReplyDeleteYou will have to catch the pictures on Bridget's FB, if she posts...
I'm also not so good with pictures!