Finals are coming up next week and the next. I have two research papers to write by then, both of them about 8 pages long and I have barely started them. The one that really stresses me out is for my Ancient Christianity class where we learn about the customs and influences in Christian society (from an academic viewpoint). I want to write my paper on the Council of Nicea, but I can't figure out what to base the paper around. I need to come up with a thesis statement or question so I can know what to start writing about. I thought of writing about Constantine's influence but that's too general and not unique, or interesting. My teacher suggested the political and social interests that were at play in the decisions of the council, but even he admited that might be a bit much for a term paper. So now I'm somewhat at a loss.... I'm just reading my sources trying to think of a specific point to write about. If you have any ideas let me know.
Meanwhile I can't wait for summer. I have about a 3 week break and then I begin Summer semester. No sleeping in for me this year. I wish I had time to read Les Miserables in that time frame. Last time it took me 3 months, not 3 weeks. I've been listening to the music from the show, and I've never seen the show only the non-musical movie. But I LOVE the book so the music reminds me of what goes on throughout the story and it makes me want to read it. Both the music and the book make me cry all the time. The characters in there are just so amazing! But I might have to settle for watching the movie again instead since that would only take a couple hours, even though it's not as good as the book. (Still worth watching though.)
As for this summer's resolutions, I want to go on hikes again every other weekend (I will have to do homework this summer unlike the last) and I want to pass my classes with flying colors and not allow myself to get behind in homework just because I think I should play. Also I want to buy a new violin this summer! I plan on using my tax returns as a down payment for one. So hopefully I'll get all this done within the next 3 months or so. Meanwhile I'm sooo enjoying this spring weather! Gotta love it. :)
Meanwhile I can't wait for summer. I have about a 3 week break and then I begin Summer semester. No sleeping in for me this year. I wish I had time to read Les Miserables in that time frame. Last time it took me 3 months, not 3 weeks. I've been listening to the music from the show, and I've never seen the show only the non-musical movie. But I LOVE the book so the music reminds me of what goes on throughout the story and it makes me want to read it. Both the music and the book make me cry all the time. The characters in there are just so amazing! But I might have to settle for watching the movie again instead since that would only take a couple hours, even though it's not as good as the book. (Still worth watching though.)
As for this summer's resolutions, I want to go on hikes again every other weekend (I will have to do homework this summer unlike the last) and I want to pass my classes with flying colors and not allow myself to get behind in homework just because I think I should play. Also I want to buy a new violin this summer! I plan on using my tax returns as a down payment for one. So hopefully I'll get all this done within the next 3 months or so. Meanwhile I'm sooo enjoying this spring weather! Gotta love it. :)
Count me in if you would like a hiking buddy. I can't wait to get back up in these mountains. I love it here.
ReplyDelete