One week before the ball. What can Cinderella do? I highly doubt Fairy God-Mothers can be found to rescue me. Dress shopping left me only exasperated and so Cinderella returns home to tell her mother about all the problems of finding a dress at the store. While my feet are up on a pillow with an ice-pack to my head, my mother presents an idea which has me leaping to my feet to grab my computer. It was only then I realized my mother was my Fairy God-Mother in disguise. She had an idea that had crossed my mind earlier, but I had thought it was impossible to accomplish in a week. But mom thinks we have enough time to sew a dress. So after searching patterns online, off we go to the fabric store on Black Friday.
While still on a budget, I couldn't resist getting the blue satin that I knew would make my dress what I wanted it to be. With it I got a sheer blue fabric to lay over it, white ribbon for a bow, and white flowers for embellishments. Just looking at the gorgeous fabric made me excited! Cutting out fabric took forever, especially since it's my least favorite part, and there's 3 layers of skirt and bodice to cut out for. Just seeing what I've sown with the bodice though makes me hopefull that this will turn out to be a beautiful dress.
Now I have two days till the ball. I don't know if the dress will be finished or not, hopefully I can get a lot done today and tomorrow. If nothing else, I know it'll be done in plenty of time before my friend's wedding, but I'd really really love to be able to wear it at the dance where I'll fit in wearing a beatiful blue formal gown. I must say I'm grateful for my Fairy God-Father who happens to be my Grandpa who allowed me to borrow his amazing sewing machine to help accomplish the task. My only last wish would be to find matching blue satin slippers. Cross your fingers. I'm off to sew. (After the dress is finished I'm going to re-write the end of this and hopefully post a picture of it.)
Girls in white dresses with
blue satin sashesSnowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springsThese are a few of my favorite things(Roger and Hammerstein,
Favorite Things)
I am sure you will get it done on time. Cant wait to see photos!!
ReplyDeleteI still need to see you in it.
ReplyDeleteI haven't yet!
It's so weird that Alisa's gettin hitched...so weird. Hahaha.