I am a crazy Halloween person and every October I start planning my costume for the next coming year. Which I have to say is a fabulous idea because then I have 12 months to check DI to find different parts of my costume and accessories. So my costume was absolutely the bomb this year! My gracious mother helped me understand how to sew my coat (I really did most of it. She only helped pin things in and hemmed the bottom). And she also sewed my carpet bag. But because of DI I found my amazing hat, skirt, and shirt. I made the scarf too. I admit I paid good money for her umbrella. But it was soooo cool!!!!!!!!!!! I love that umbrella.
After the raking we decided we needed to implement a new tradition for Halloween because now we're all too old to Trick-Or-Treat and we need something fun to do. So off we headed to Gardner Village in our costumes. Lizzie was a gypsy and I went again as Mary Poppins. Mom tried to wear Halloween colors. I hadn't been there since 5th grade and the displays were amazing so I was really excited to go. I loved the witches that were on display throughout the village. My favorite ones were the witches playing piano and riding their bicycle through the air.
All through the shops people were once again pointing out my costume. As I'd leave the workers would say, "Thanks for coming in Mary Poppins!" or someone in the store would say to their kids, "Look, Mary Poppins is over there!" In fact, two little girls thought I was the real thing. One was a 2 year old who's parents asked if she could meet Mary Poppins. I agreed readily and went up to her and asked in a British accent, "Are you Jane? And don't you have a brother named Michael?" Her big blue eyes just looked at me in awe. Her parents asked her, "Is she spoonful of sugar?" And she just nodded her head and continued to stare at me. She was so cute!
Now I have a big decision to make. Do I continue to work on the costume I had in plan for next year? Or do I do Mary Poppins again? Either way, Mary is going to be used again, and the other one will get used at some point too. But I can't decide if Mary should wait or the new idea. It's too hard to pick!
Comments
Post a Comment